Chubba Purdy

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Good for him...obviously, feel a hint bad for Louisville (but such is the recruiting world).

I think Chubba, if he gets the nod, could get a bit more pressure than Brock gets in terms of expectations.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
And don't forget about Bouman, they say he was prolific up in Minnesota. I think we got two studs in this class.

I think I'm more impressed with Dekkers than Bouman. Bouman is a statue (his 40 time is in the 5 second range), where Dekkers can move around a bit and has 4.6, 4.7 40 speed.

I am drunk on the Kool-Aid where Dekkers is concerned, I know, but I envision him as stronger armed Brock Purdy with Joel Lanning running ability. The accuracy of Purdy with a bigger arm and the running ability of Lanning with better speed.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I think I'm more impressed with Dekkers than Bouman. Bouman is a statue (his 40 time is in the 5 second range), where Dekkers can move around a bit and has 4.6, 4.7 40 speed.

I am drunk on the Kool-Aid where Dekkers is concerned, I know, but I envision him as stronger armed Brock Purdy with Joel Lanning running ability. The accuracy of Purdy with a bigger arm and the running ability of Lanning with better speed.

I mean Brock is a hell of a runner himself, but there's a refusal to use him in that manner. I'm curious to see if that is the coaching tactic going forward for Hunter and others

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Why would you think this? It seems like most people wouldn’t have enough info to make this determination.
giphy.gif

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017

This is just my internet message board opinion, but I think Bouman played at a higher-level with less relative talent around and pretty much carried his team with his accuracy. I see him as a Big Ben kind of player. Dekker has tools, a cannon for an arm, and can improvise with the best of them, but his team was dominant and a lot of his highlights seem to be him throwing well over coverage to open receivers. Bouman may be the more ready of the two, and I have high hopes for both of them.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This is just my internet message board opinion, but I think Bouman played at a higher-level with less relative talent around and pretty much carried his team with his accuracy. I see him as a Big Ben kind of player. Dekker has tools, a cannon for an arm, and can improvise with the best of them, but his team was dominant and a lot of his highlights seem to be him throwing well over coverage to open receivers. Bouman may be the more ready of the two, and I have high hopes for both of them.

The staff LOVES Bouman FWIW

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
The staff LOVES Bouman FWIW
That makes me feel bubbly. I worry some about how QB run won't be on the table too much (maybe some QB power), but if the o-line develops we'll be in good shape. Kyle Kempt won eight games at ISU with half as much talent as Bouman.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Gotta think Brock had something nagging him to limit his carries. Otherwise I think it's bad game planning.

Maybe, but my bet would be on them thinking it’s not sustainable long term. Brock doesn’t have the body to take those hits and stay healthy all year.

I could see them using Decker more in the ground game though.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I’d agree with your evaluation—though I’d add the fact that Hunter tore up the Elite camp against most of the other top national QB’s last summer.

I’m not a fan of the Lanning comparisons, because I think he’s a far more experienced and sophisticated passer than Joel ever had the chance to be.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Being the son of NFL quarterback who was coached in High School by former NFL QB, you have to think his football & QB IQ is off the charts for incoming QB
I see that his high school’s mascot is the “Bison”.

No word on whether they pronounce it with a “z” though. :rolleyes:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I see that his high school’s mascot is the “Bison”.

No word on whether they pronounce it with a “z” though. :rolleyes:
My office mate has a Buffalo address but is in the Rockford school district. He said that he has heard both so he is not sure if they have an "official" pronunciation. As you get further north the 'z' sound in many words like that gets more prevalent.

Apparently Buffalo (NY) is the Bizons.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Aclone