Chubba Purdy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I don't know, but I thought there was a recruiting article where he stated that he has not received a scholarship from ISU.

I’m pretty sure I read or heard that Iowa State was somewhat interested but chubba didn’t want to go where Brock was.

I would guess that CMC and the Purdy's were all on the same page...

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Both are great kids, great QB's. But I think Chubba is a bigger, better version of big bro. Just IMO

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Both are great kids, great QB's. But I think Chubba is a bigger, better version of big bro. Just IMO

Interesting that you would think that. I think we got the best Purdy. I think Chubba's huge offer list and high rating are mostly attributable to the success his brother has had. His stats don't jump off the page at you. He only completed 56 percent of his passes as a senior, so he's not as accurate as his brother, and his team had to rely on him a lot more as a senior where he had 342 pass attempts in only 11 games, compared to his junior year, where he had 365 pass attempts in 14 games. Some might say he slightly regressed from junior year to senior year, based on his numbers. QB rating as a senior was 114 and 116.3 as a junior. I don't know how much that can be attributed to the weapons around him. Maybe he was breaking in new skill players as a senior.

But all in all, I'm glad that we got the QB commits we got. I think Dekkers in particular is going to make us forget about Chubba Purdy and maybe even make Brock a distant, pleasant memory.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Why would you think this? It seems like most people wouldn’t have enough info to make this determination.

• Winner
Reactions: Cydkar

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Chubba might be more talented with a bigger frame, but that doesn't necessarily make him better. Brock has so many intangibles that can't be measured.

I don't blame Chubba for wanting to blaze his own path, following Brock would be very tough to do.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
He will get on the field this year as a quarterback.

Does that really make much sense, tho? With his athletic ability and speed, wouldn't it make more sense to move him to another skill position, (either slot or WR), to get him on the field more? Both of the incoming QB's are highly thought of. One of them could be #3. Mitchell could still be #2 QB while contributing at another position, I would think.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Wouldn't blame him for flipping to Florida State. Kind of surprised he isn't considering someone like Arizona State.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Does that really make much sense, tho? With his athletic ability and speed, wouldn't it make more sense to move him to another skill position, (either slot or WR), to get him on the field more? Both of the incoming QB's are highly thought of. One of them could be #3. Mitchell could still be #2 QB while contributing at another position, I would think.
It is not normal to play your #2 QB regularly at a skill position, because it's far more likely they get hurt in that role. If he truly is QB #2, the only way we'll see him is in specific packages for him.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Interesting that you would think that. I think we got the best Purdy. I think Chubba's huge offer list and high rating are mostly attributable to the success his brother has had. His stats don't jump off the page at you. He only completed 56 percent of his passes as a senior, so he's not as accurate as his brother, and his team had to rely on him a lot more as a senior where he had 342 pass attempts in only 11 games, compared to his junior year, where he had 365 pass attempts in 14 games. Some might say he slightly regressed from junior year to senior year, based on his numbers. QB rating as a senior was 114 and 116.3 as a junior. I don't know how much that can be attributed to the weapons around him. Maybe he was breaking in new skill players as a senior.

But all in all, I'm glad that we got the QB commits we got. I think Dekkers in particular is going to make us forget about Chubba Purdy and maybe even make Brock a distant, pleasant memory.

And don't forget about Bouman, they say he was prolific up in Minnesota. I think we got two studs in this class.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Wouldn't blame him for flipping to Florida State. Kind of surprised he isn't considering someone like Arizona State.
Arizona struggles, or refuses, to recruit QB's in state for some reason. There was an article on The Athletic earlier talking about QBs in the valley of the sun and how virtually none of them are being persued by the 2 major in-state schools. For some reason AZ thinks they need to tap into the california market to stay relevant in the pac12, but that seems to be a big reason they are missing on their best in-state players.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
I’m pretty sure I read or heard that Iowa State was somewhat interested but chubba didn’t want to go where Brock was.

correct. read the same article.

paraphrasing:

CP said brock was recruiting him hard for ISU, but wanted to start his own legacy somewhere else and not be in brock's shadow.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
An informed poster in another thread hinted at Re-al not being interested in playing another position besides QB. Sounds like the coaches wanted to try him at other positions, but he didn’t want to.

Remember this is hearsay.

• Winner
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

more like Arizona. Arizona State has a freshman version of Brock. Kid had a heck of a year and got better near the end of the season. Better chance at Florida State where nobody stood out. Arizona Wildcats can’t recruit anyone for some reason

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
more like Arizona. Arizona State has a freshman version of Brock. Kid had a heck of a year and got better near the end of the season. Better chance at Florida State where nobody stood out. Arizona Wildcats can’t recruit anyone for some reason

Sumlin is on borrowed time as it is. I wouldn't go anywhere near Arizona.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY and Drew0311

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron