This is why Prohm must go........

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
If you want to include all his years here in his evaluation then that is fine. You seem to only want to include his successful years, and not his unsuccessful years when looking at his coaching. I'm saying if you are going to exclude the bad year caused by hoiberg, then exclude the previous good year caused by hoiberg.

My thoughts on this year's team is that we would be very good if we could hit outside shots. Which looking at last year's stats they should be able to do. It seems our game plans are predicated on hitting those shots. We sure take a lot of them. At some point we either will revert to the mean and have a good season, or we will stay as we have all season minus one game, miss a lot, and lose a lot.

Prohm has been relatively successful compared to historical ISU coaches, but the lack of effort or game adjustments are disappointing. Recruiting is a big part of college coaching and he can certainly recruit.

I include all of it, even 16-17. I just understand that nothing actually happens in a vacuum.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Prohm has been relatively successful compared to historical ISU coaches, but the lack of effort or game adjustments are disappointing. Recruiting is a big part of college coaching and he can certainly recruit.
What’s most disconcerting to me is that Prohm doesn’t seem to be improving his weaknesses as a coach (imho) at all. His issues from year 2 are same ones he’s got now.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
What’s most disconcerting to me is that Prohm doesn’t seem to be improving his weaknesses as a coach (imho) at all. His issues from year 2 are same ones he’s got now.
KU fans said the same about Self for his first 10+ years at Kansas. Some still say it. Fans A) always say this after losses and B) mostly dont know what they are talking about and C) dont like to admit when their players just get beat, as if speaking poorly of the players is too mean or something.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
KU fans said the same about Self for his first 10+ years at Kansas. Some still say it. Fans A) always say this after losses and B) mostly dont know what they are talking about and C) dont like to admit when their players just get beat, as if speaking poorly of the players is too mean or something.

Bill Self is regularly winning big 12 titles.

Sometimes idiots say things that are untrue in one situation that may be true in another situation.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Name calling huh? So typical when you know you are wrong. Come back and discuss this when you can be civil.
Not addressing any of the points made? So typical when you know you are wrong. Come back and discuss when you feel you can refute something. I

K or Cal can't win their conferences with draft picks everywhere why on Earth do you expect that from Prohm with worse players?

It's like the people that want to point at McDermott and say Brackins freshman and sophomore seasons were tournament teams. They were if you take Hamilton as a senior, not hurt Wesley Johnson, and Garrett as a senior. That's why balanced classes are so important...so you aren't depending on underclassmen before they're ready to play and you have upperclassmen who were talented to begin with and have had time to grow in the weight room as well as the court.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Not addressing any of the points made? So typical when you know you are wrong. Come back and discuss when you feel you can refute something. I

K or Cal can't win their conferences with draft picks everywhere why on Earth do you expect that from Prohm with worse players?

It's like the people that want to point at McDermott and say Brackins freshman and sophomore seasons were tournament teams. They were if you take Hamilton as a senior, not hurt Wesley Johnson, and Garrett as a senior. That's why balanced classes are so important...so you aren't depending on underclassmen before they're ready to play and you have upperclassmen who were talented to begin with and have had time to grow in the weight room as well as the court.

I'm not arguing with you, you and I both know that 9-9 last year was unacceptable. Especially losing 5 in a row at the end including 2 blowouts on the road against Texas and West Virginia. Not to mention the dumpster fire against a horrible Big 10 team.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I'm not arguing with you, you and I both know that 9-9 last year was unacceptable. Especially losing 5 in a row at the end including 2 blowouts on the road against Texas and West Virginia. Not to mention the dumpster fire against a horrible Big 10 team.

Good to see you’re a liar too.

• Disagree
Reactions: jcisuclones

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
You probably want to think this one through. If Jamie would have hired a guy with beards resume after Fred finally escaped, you and the crewe would have lost your **** there too.

fred had a lot of input into the hire.

What’s funny is that people disagree with this. No one here had any idea who Beard was before we played in Denver.

If Jamie tried to introduce him as a Fred replacement, the same people would have lost their ****

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

You are so stupid its comical.

• Dislike
Reactions: quasistellar

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
That Seton Hall win we got is about to become pretty mediocre. Rutgers is beating them by 17 in the first half...

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
None of this is worth arguing over

OpulentBigheartedJoey-size_restricted.gif

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Games in KC don’t count? Pretty sure they do.

Reactions: IASTATE07

ruflosn

Dec 21, 2008
After Hoinerg left I wanted Pollard to make a play for Scott Drew. He will also be my top choice if we make a change.

his teams are always tough, they can rebound on both sides and he brings in quality recruits.

when you have a team that can’t shoot like us right now, in order to make up for that we need to be a good offensive rebounding team to get second chances. Why not at least try to crash the boards when we’re playing big?

Conditt and Hali are our two best players, they should both be starting.
giphy.gif