Iowa/Iowa St.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The problem Iowa has continuously had is that they can't guard in the half court.. They are really really bad at it. That's why they run junk zones and full court presses where they trap right when you cross half court. Anything to throw the offense off a little bit.

Attacking the basket should be there all night because Iowa doesn't have a soul on their team that can defend above the rim.

IMO that's why you have to keep Iowa off the free throw line. The full court "press" they use isn't overly effective but it sets up Iowa to defend for a much shorter amount of time in the half court.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Iowa will play their match up zone.. which is smart.. I would. Gonna need lots of penetration and good patience imo..

• Informative
Reactions: Lafaester54

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
i would agree with this, but Prohm never does this. heck he runs the same out of bounds play everytime. we can barely guard the pick and roll, and if we tried to change up our D, we'd probably confuse our own team more than the opponent.
We may line up the same for inbounds plays but there are multiple options off the alignment depending on how the defense sets up.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
We may line up the same for inbounds plays but there are multiple options off the alignment depending on how the defense sets up.

Not to mention that inbounds plays are one of the easiest thing to defend in basketball. You know where the ball is and don’t have to look at it.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not to mention that inbounds plays are one of the easiest thing to defend in basketball. You know where the ball is and don’t have to look at it.
KN4WIPB.gif

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I'm going to be really disappointed if ISU does not start the game in the press. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't, but feel like Iowa guards are not great ball handlers, but good shooters. If you can get them flustered it might lead to some easy baskets, which the Clones need.