Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
drive home last night I get about 2 miles from the house and notice the eau de farm faintly through my barely functioning nose. With all the tractors hustling and all the corn that had disappeared in 24 hours, I knew what was going on.

Putting monkey to bed reading FB later and I see the neighborhood group has a thread about WHAT IS THAT SMELL and had already called the gas company and the fire department. Then someone is like "this happened last year too!!"

You don't say.

Eventually someone more diplomatic than I told them what it was.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
drive home last night I get about 2 miles from the house and notice the eau de farm faintly through my barely functioning nose. With all the tractors hustling and all the corn that had disappeared in 24 hours, I knew what was going on.

Putting monkey to bed reading FB later and I see the neighborhood group has a thread about WHAT IS THAT SMELL and had already called the gas company and the fire department. Then someone is like "this happened last year too!!"

You don't say.

Wow, you are living amongst clueless urbanites?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

You don't say.

Down here the rivers and swampy ground is doing a last heave. Smell like someone dumped a full tank on the road. Riding with part time boss and he looks at me and asks if I filled my pants and laughed.

• Informative
Reactions: cowgirl836

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Wow, you are living amongst clueless urbanites?

I didn't think so........one person commented back that had also grown up on a dairy farm but must have been away too long. DH said he thought it smelled like something burning (hot dogs is what he said, lol) and didn't think it was manure-y. I mean, it was liquid being knifed in so it was pretty strong and concentrated. Still, a gas leak that people were smelling for miles around? Yeah no.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well, already know the wife will ask why I didn’t get done what I wanted to today. I was 15 miles down the road when daughter called and said her car wouldn’t start. I had scraped the windows and pulled it inside to warm up. Turned around and gave her what I was driving. So I’m spending my morning trying to get this figured out. Wife believes every car repair is about a 2 minute fix.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Reminded of the beauty of working at ISU again today.
Visited the history office to see if textbook arrived, even though it's early. New assistant, so I introduced myself nicely, asked my question nicely, and she said, "I'm not sure. We have this box here, so that might be it."
We looked, and it was. Place is amazing.

At DMACC, that's either an e-mail that support staff blow off, because they literally ignore every single one, or an encounter that goes one of two ways:
1. The earlier, inexperienced visits: I approach the same way, meet amazingly rude replies that get extremely testy with my simple question. That's putting it mildly.
2. The experienced visits. Knowing how that place rolls, I go in Army voice, declare what I'm there for and what is going to happen, get a bit abusive, and see the staff suddenly jump into jolly, smiling action, racing to take care of the need and volunteering all kinds of other things they can do to help with this or future things. Place is ****** up.

I wonder if it is a community college thing. MrsWx and I have not been impressed with her department staff at Kirkwood.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I need to call my sister in the next day or two to try and get plans made for cleaning out the house. Being that they are staying there for my niece's wedding I would like to get the consignment people scheduled to pick up everything the Monday afterwards.

She needs a truckload of stuff driven from Virginia to Connecticut. She was talking about hiring someone, I think that would be crazy expensive, I told her if she wants to do a U-Haul one way I could fly out to Roanoke, drive it back to Ct. then fly back from there.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009

You don't say.

"That's the smell of money" my dad used to say.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
On the way home from vacation, over north of Blairsburg, I passed not one but two honey wagons headed for the field. So strong it made my eyes water.

Only native Iowans can discern different types of animal excrement, simply by their smell. :D
We are well acquainted with ********, *********, *******, and chickenshits! :

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I got to spend almost 12 hrs at home again before I hit the road. but I'll be back this evening again.

The MBB team was uninspiring last nite except for the last 4 minutes and whenever they would get baskets off of transition D.

p6244_v_v8_aa.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.