Disney+

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I am guessing it will only be able to be accessed through your phone. Also will use your data while watching it. Says 1 subscription per account. So if you share an account with family only one of you will get it
At launch, Verizon customers can activate their Disney+ subscription and start streaming on a wide selection of mobile and connected TV devices, including gaming consoles, streaming media players, and smart TVs.

• Verizon customers can enjoy everything Disney+ has to offer, including high-quality and commercial-free viewing, up to four concurrent streams, downloads for offline viewing, personalized recommendations, and the ability to set up to seven different profiles

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
Ok that is nice that it can be streamed on anything.

Yeah 7 different profiles but that is still 1 account. My verizon phone is through work and 100s of people are on the corporate account. so it wont work for everyone on there

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Downloaded the Disney+ app this morning and setup profiles for the family. The App wasn't in the ioS App Store, but you can download it via the Disney+ web site. It errored out a few times, and my wife had trouble syncing it to our AppleTV at home. Sounds like it's working for her now, but there are articles out about it crashing. I'm looking forward to watching The Mandalorian after the kids go to bed.

Reactions: Angie

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Downloaded the Disney+ app this morning and setup profiles for the family. The App wasn't in the ioS App Store, but you can download it via the Disney+ web site. It errored out a few times, and my wife had trouble syncing it to our AppleTV at home. Sounds like it's working for her now, but there are articles out about it crashing. I'm looking forward to watching The Mandalorian after the kids go to bed.

got it downloaded but it’s showing an error when trying to pick anything. I’m sure it’s on a bit of a high demand at the moment.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I am going to download it on my new Apple TV a little later. I am getting the package with ESPN plus and a couple other things they are offering.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Everybody better hope Netflix and HBO have gigantic success or 90% of this stuff is going back in their precious "vault" and the subscription rate goes up to $30/mo.

This is the company that's still selling its blurays at $35 when every other studio is selling them for $10-20.

• Winner
Reactions: g4ce

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I am going to download it on my new Apple TV a little later. I am getting the package with ESPN plus and a couple other things they are offering.
We also have an AppleTV 4K and my wife couldn't find the App in the App Store this morning. She had to search for it in the Primary Search bar (the one that appears at the top when all your apps are showing) and she said she was able to "Download it from the cloud" - this is according to her, so who knows how accurate that is.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Verizon customers with Unlimited data - you get a year of Disney+ for free. If you signed up for a package already you can leverage the Verizon 1 year deal - your paid subscription will be paused until the Verizon deal expires.

• Informative
Reactions: Angie and keepngoal

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Verizon customers with Unlimited data - you get a year of Disney+ for free. If you signed up for a package already you can leverage the Verizon 1 year deal - your paid subscription will be paused until the Verizon deal expires.
will it only stream over the Verizon network, or can it be used with cable internet at home?

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Everybody better hope Netflix and HBO have gigantic success or 90% of this stuff is going back in their precious "vault" and the subscription rate goes up to $30/mo.

This is the company that's still selling its blurays at $35 when every other studio is selling them for $10-20.
That’s the spirit.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Does anyone know if The Mandalorian is being released on a weekly basis or all the episodes available at once?

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
will it only stream over the Verizon network, or can it be used with cable internet at home?

Nope this is an add-on. It shows up on my web browser and my AppleTV. The only thing I don't know is if the streams are limited. I believe the Disney+ subscription is supposed to allow 4 simultaneous streams.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=1490862cdb4104d03c0cf158bf961939

I already have Disney+. How can I take advantage of the Verizon offer?

Annual or Multi-year Subscriber (subscription purchased from Disney):
Visit the Disney+ offer page at the Verizon website starting on November 12th. Simply follow the instructions to enroll in the offer and after enrolling on the Verizon site you will be directed to the Disney+ site to login to your Disney+ account to apply the promotional offer. Once you have redeemed the offer, there is nothing additional you need to do. Your existing subscription will be extended by the length of the promotional period, and you can continue to enjoy Disney+.

Monthly Subscriber (subscription purchased from Disney):
If you purchased your Disney+ subscription directly through Disney, visit the Disney+ offer page at the Verizon website starting on November 12th. Follow the instructions to enroll in the offer and after enrolling on the Verizon site you will be directed to the Disney+ site to login to your Disney+ account to apply the promotional offer. After redeeming the offer, log into your Disney+ account and cancel your monthly subscription purchased from Disney and you will no longer be charged.

Bundle Subscriber
If you purchased the Disney bundle and want to take advantage of the Verizon offer, please contact customer service at one of the channels below, and we can help you.

Monthly and Annual Subscribers (subscription purchased from a third party):
If you purchased your monthly or annual subscription to Disney+ through a third-party such as Apple, Google or Roku, billing is managed directly by those stores, and Disney does not have the ability to make changes to those subscriptions. Please see the following article for more information on third-party subscription management.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Nope this is an add-on. It shows up on my web browser and my AppleTV. The only thing I don't know is if the streams are limited. I believe the Disney+ subscription is supposed to allow 4 simultaneous streams.

Had 3 streams going this morning. Worked well. It seems to be up and running smoothly now.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
How long is this $6.99/month price lasting?
Site makes it sound eternal, but that seems iffy to me.

IIRC, Netflix was $5.99 at launch and is currently $12.99 (2 HD Streams). It has to go up in price, which is why I'm trying to lock it in for as long as I can.