STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
What you guys don’t seem to understand is he was born a Hawkeye.. he was heavily considering Iowa state because of his girlfriend.. his dad has talk him out of going to Iowa state just for his girlfriend.. doesn’t mean he won’t choose Iowa state.. but his dad didn’t want him choosing a college based off of a girl.. from what I heard he’s heading to Iowa.. “not a cytwins made up source”

this is the guy that think it’s ok to force yourself on a drunk girl.

you’re a real piece of garbage dude.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
He’s upset that Xavier Foster looks to be picking Iowa and is projecting his anger onto those who said he’d be a Cyclone (including me).

how dumb does a guy have to be to take recruiting that seriously, that he lashes out at fellow cyclone fans.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
He’s upset that Xavier Foster looks to be picking Iowa and is projecting his anger onto those who said he’d be a Cyclone (including me).
I’m not upset that he’s choosing Iowa at all, good for him choosing the school that he wanted to go to.

I’m annoyed that we have a bunch of people posting on here “with sources” and that are “insiders” guaranteeing that Foster was going to be a cyclone. When in reality they don’t have a clue.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I’m not upset that he’s choosing Iowa at all, good for him choosing the school that he wanted to go to.

I’m annoyed that we have a bunch of people posting on here “with sources” and that are “insiders” guaranteeing that Foster was going to be a cyclone. When in reality they don’t have a clue.

you wouldn’t happen to be knownothing’s 3rd profile, would you?

trevn

Jerome Tang Surveillance Team
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Assuming XF commits to the Hawks, do they get an attendance bump? I can only imagine 10's, if not, dozens(!!!) of people will be ready to knit and golf clap their Hawks to a win.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Yeah I get that. And I was actually one of those that had someone giving me information. I think those that said they knew information probably were actually getting legit information but for whatever reason, something happened/changed. Or maybe those sources were just being way too confident. I doubt someone would say they have inside information and totally make it up, and if they did thats sad.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Can’t wait to go back and quote a bunch of messages guaranteeing him being a cyclone tomorrow at work. You people are clowns. He’s was going to be a hawk from the beginning.

Only reason we had any hope was because of you idiots. Nice work losers

This right here is the definition of douche baggery.... what an asshat you are

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
What you guys don’t seem to understand is he was born a Hawkeye.. he was heavily considering Iowa state because of his girlfriend.. his dad has talk him out of going to Iowa state just for his girlfriend.. doesn’t mean he won’t choose Iowa state.. but his dad didn’t want him choosing a college based off of a girl.. from what I heard he’s heading to Iowa.. “not a cytwins made up source”

1. Honestly, I thought him and his family being so close to everything Hawkeye, that would be the main reason he wouldn’t want to play and develop under that staff. He has the perfect alibi to skip town and get mentally prepared for the NBA under literally ANY different staff and I don’t think any reasonable Hawkeye would blame him.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Fran has still wasted 2 scholarships for the next 4-5 years on the Murray twins. I'm not concerned about Iowa at all. Let the Murray twins and XF play together if they want. They all have one thing in common..... they are soft.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to get XF, he's another Conditt, but he doesn't have the aggressiveness you would like. I don't know if that can be learned or not?
Let's take PencilHead as an example. Freshman-year Pemsl was actually "okay" but - SURPRISE, SURPRISE - he regressed during his Sophomore season. His near-fatal injury in Hilton and Fran's incessant hissy-fits molded Pemsl into a "take-'em-out" Kamikaze in CHA during a shortened junior campaign.
I'd say that these guys are generally soft, except when it's their superbowl game. If XF becomes a Hok, you can bet that there will be one game a year in which he will show a ton of aggression.

Cyclone07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 3, 2013
Ames, IA
Will the real Cyclone + 7 please stand up?

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/lindell-wigginton.219614/page-35#post-5413495

@Cyclone07 broke the Wigginton news, even after the CB's went to Oregon. Not sure who this other one is.

Hey guys, I am here. Unfortunately am not very plugged into this one, so I don't have a good read on it honestly. Wish I had more insight. Hopefully he picks the good guys tomorrow morning! If I hear something before 9am tomorrow I will of course share it.

Last edited:

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Pemsl isn't near the same caliber of talent
Yeah, I know. But Tyler Cook was a big time recruit who did NOT really expand his game during his 3 years under Fran. TC was able to get a 2-way because of skills he already possessed before he stepped onto the court in CHA. He put on muscle - but never developed an outside or mid-range jumper. My point was that Fran does NOT have a good track record of developing guys - and certainly not defensively.