*** Official IOWA STATE VS Oregon State Game(Day) Thread ***

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
Did people actually expect to win this game?
I didn’t like most know what to expect. Wasn’t to bad but like most prohm seasons when they had momentum time for a complete change in the lineup. Didn’t like that at all. But the game was competitive can’t complain to much

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I wasn't able to watch the game, but just looking at the box score.... Nixon should probably never shoot unless it's a layup, and he should just be considered a defensive stopper. Solo needs to give us more than 2 rebs.... he plays too soft sometimes IMO. And Zion took only 3 shots, all of the threes. Is that really going to be his game? I was hoping he might be more of a banger inside.

It seems like we just need more offensive options on this team IMO.

Conditt is a stud and should play more.

• Agree
Reactions: isufanz1 and CTTB78

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
I didn’t like most know what to expect. Wasn’t to bad but like most prohm seasons when they had momentum time for a complete change in the lineup. Didn’t like that at all. But the game was competitive can’t complain to much

If you're talking about when Conditt came out, that happened right after OSU had two easy baskets at the rim.

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
Some of us will be supporting the ENTIRE team, coaching staff included.

i listen to all games and watch/attend when possible. I’m not “worried” about this team, but also don’t have huge expectations. The staff is still seeing what these can handle in game, during tough stretches, and stressful situations. I would like to see tyrese not pass to solo when the game is on the line and I’m not sure that he is the “selfish” take over a game kind of player. That’s not a knock on him, And maybe he’ll learn that as the year goes.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
For the record, I also didn't expect ISU to win this - away from home and Oregon State is a little better than last year. They went 18-13 last year and returned all 5 starters, including Tinkle who averaged nearly 21 points and 8 rebounds per game last year. I would not be surprised to see OSU surprise some people this year and make the NCAA tournament - but that's a biiit too early to call :D

If anything, this made me feel better about the team that they were able to fight back into it twice and get the lead - especially when a few of these guys have barely played together yet. All away from home too.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Does every thread need to be Prohm vs. Hoiberg? JFC

It does when some fans equate a loss or a poorly played game with "Prohm sucks and must leave." Analyze the game, sure....be critical even, but the default "it's Prohm's fault" is not only shallow analysis, it frankly feels like it's rooting for our team (which Prohm is the leader of) to fail.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
It's not ok to slander the coach. It is ok to question his decisions and have an informed discussion about those decisions.

ok what constitutes “informed discussion?” Who is the arbitrator of deciding what defines it

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Also let's call out something about how Tyrese Haliburton had 12 assists with 0 turnovers today. He now has 26 assists with only 3 turnovers this year - an 8.7 to 1 assist to turnover ratio.

Some of the passes he made today were pretty crazy. Good timing with so many NBA scouts in the crowd today.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron