Harbaugh ready to move on?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Matt Rhule is someone to keep an eye on. Has Big 10 roots, has flirted with NFL teams the past two years. I know he just got an extension, but it wouldn't shock me if he was Michigans guy.
Yes. I posted in another thread I could see someone like the Redskins hire Franklin and for Rhule to get the PS job.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Matt Rhule is someone to keep an eye on. Has Big 10 roots, has flirted with NFL teams the past two years. I know he just got an extension, but it wouldn't shock me if he was Michigans guy.
I'd be Ok with that.

I'd be Ok not seeing his "someone stole my lunch money, I'm going to cry" face anymore.

• Funny
Reactions: cygrads

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Urb is not going to Michigan, I can say that with 100% certainty. I have no doubt that CMC will be contacted by Michigan and would be solid fit. I think Michigan has some unrealistic expectations and will always be in the shadow of OSU.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I would say it is, is it the dominate force it once was. Nope. Like @Trice said there are still a lot of positives around that program.
Michigan has only beaten OSU 3 times in the last 20 years and will get embarrassed again this year. Not a lot of positives from that standpoint.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan and JP4CY

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Is Michigan even a good job still?

What is a good college job today? Most pay well. CMC has made ISU a good program. The blue bloods from the past that are down have their issues and a fan base that wont give coaches time build a program that will last. Most often than not the coaches that move into those blue blood programs are out of work after 3 or 4 seasons and end up coaching in the MAC or Mountain West. A lot of coaches have it pretty good at programs they have built.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Is Michigan even a good job still?

Good job in that you'll get paid and it's a big name program. Bad in that you're trying to rebuild with tOSU and PSU rolling right now. Expectations are through the roof from the fanbase and I don't see anyone succeeding in the short term.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Sacrificial coach hire.....ala Mike Riley at NU.........say a really nice former assistant or a really mean but entertaining Bo Pelini.....THEN, just like Nebraska, pave the way for the savior in two years: Tom Brady*.

*(the next savior. Harbaugh was the first savior, but meh)

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Watching them the last few years, I think a top flight QB would do wonders for them. But I think the same thing for most b1g teams.

It’s weird. Harbaugh was the Qb whisperer for his whole career until Jake Rudock left and then it’s been disappointment after disappointment. The next guy was always the savior and for numerous reasons, they haven’t worked out.

I think this is Harbaughs old agent talking. It should be noted that FS was almost completely wrong when Harbaugh went to Michigan. I’ll say this scenario wouldn’t surprise me in the least, bit I doubt JH is talking about this stuff right now.

As far as Campbell, I don’t know that UM would love the hire buts he’s the perfect fit as far as what they want. Rhule could also be a great fit. They won’t even think about Urban. Michigan won’t be going after guys with any baggage.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Good job in that you'll get paid and it's a big name program. Bad in that you're trying to rebuild with tOSU and PSU rolling right now. Expectations are through the roof from the fanbase and I don't see anyone succeeding in the short term.

I don’t know that they’re through the roof but at the end of the day, Harbaugh hasn’t delivered in big games. You can’t fire a guy guy for winning 10 games and being within a game of the playoffs in a couple of his seasons.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don’t know that they’re through the roof but at the end of the day, Harbaugh hasn’t delivered in big games. You can’t fire a guy guy for winning 10 games and being within a game of the playoffs in a couple of his seasons.

Looking at their list of season on Wiki and Michigan's real consistent hey day was the 1970s although they were 11 game seasons so I guess that's a difference.

Seven 10-win seasons while the rest of the decades were a few of those sprinkled in.

Harbaugh has won 10 games 3 out of 4 years which is not that common...his struggles in the big games and moments have overshadowed overall good seasons.