Kansas men's basketball charged with multiple Level 1 allegations, including lack of institutional c

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You really think that ku offered 50k or what ever it was to try to get Zion, (which was in the FBI investigation), but he went to Duke for free?

Maybe they are better at it, maybe Nike has someone in a high political pocket, I dont know the answer, but if you think those blue blood Nike schools are clean, you are niave

The smart schools be using bitcoin to buy their players. Kansas was still using bag men and cash.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Damn, seeing this reminds me that Billy has really been stacking on the pounds these last few years.

Who's been giving him worse advice, the person telling him it's a good idea to text when you're cheating or his dietitian?

He’s lost 75#s this summer. Looks great

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I have ZERO problem with Bill Self being punished at a scale equal that of previous cases. I have concerns that the ncaa has bigger plans.

Smart move. KU fans distancing themselves from Self, because he's the real mastermind. The University and institution itself are clean as a whistle.

...oh wait, Larry Brown was KU's coach for a half decade and this **** has been going on forever? Never mind, couldn't have happened to a better program.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Doesn’t it seem that if KU wants to preserve its image/brand/integrity, they cut Bill loose this week?
I mean, if the AD has any integrity, they should straight up fire Self. I really doubt that happens, but it would be the right thing to do.

Reactions: WalkingCY

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
No, but like the DeSousa case, I think the ncaa is itching to slam them with a punishment far worse than the crime.

The NCAA is looking to come out of this looking strong and authoritative. They are being challenged on all fronts and need a win and may see blasting KU as a win they can get.

The NCAA could not touch the guy from Adidas, since he is out of their jurisdiction.

But the FBI could and were able to gather lots of information that the NCAA can now access

Kansas has an FBI and NCAA case built against them

KU is fortunate that the NCAA does not institute the deah penalty anymore..

Reactions: khardbored

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I mean, if the AD has any integrity, they should straight up fire Self. I really doubt that happens, but it would be the right thing to do.

Really. At this point if they don’t fire him then bball and Self are bigger than the university. There has to be a few academians besides themselves.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Doesn’t it seem that if KU wants to preserve its image/brand/integrity, they cut Bill loose this week?
Kansas basketball is bigger than Bill Self. They will properly stick up for him as they should for any employee facing allegations, provide him with the support he needs to defend himself and then reevaluate when the situation changes.

Kansas isnt going to lose their minds strictly to appease the Cancel Culture that exists today.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Kansas basketball is bigger than Bill Self. They will properly stick up for him as they should for any employee facing allegations, provide him with the support he needs to defend himself and then reevaluate when the situation changes.

Kansas isnt going to lose their minds strictly to appease the Cancel Culture that exists today.

na sis ur wrong. ur cancelled and thats it chief

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Nobody has ever had a squeaky clean divorce.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
The NCAA could not touch the guy from Adidas, since he is out of their jurisdiction.

But the FBI could and were able to gather lots of information that the NCAA can now access

Kansas has an FBI and NCAA case built against them

KU is fortunate that the NCAA does not institute the deah penalty anymore..
Kansas does not "have an FBI case built against them." They were mentioned during questioning of an FBI case against others. Understand the difference.

• Agree
Reactions: isu83

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron