Kansas men's basketball charged with multiple Level 1 allegations, including lack of institutional c

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Agree with the 2nd point, the vacating of titles.

You make it sound like catching Self breaking rules or running a dirty ship was a witch hunt. Self built and crawled up to the cross and did everything but nail himself there. No different than Pitino, Pearl, Sampson, etc.
No, but like the DeSousa case, I think the ncaa is itching to slam them with a punishment far worse than the crime.

The NCAA is looking to come out of this looking strong and authoritative. They are being challenged on all fronts and need a win and may see blasting KU as a win they can get.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Also Kansas pointing fingers saying everyone else does it is protocol when you get caught, suck it Kansas.

Reactions: WalkingCY

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
You really think that ku offered 50k or what ever it was to try to get Zion, (which was in the FBI investigation), but he went to Duke for free?

Maybe they are better at it, maybe Nike has someone in a high political pocket, I dont know the answer, but if you think those blue blood Nike schools are clean, you are niave

I agree with you in principal but I’ve always argued someone like Zion may not have taken money because there was a 100000% chance he was getting PAID just 1 year later. No need to risk anything when you are in his shoes.

Mid to high level recruits it makes more sense on vs someone like Zion.

• Optimistic
Reactions: isutrevman

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I agree with you in principal but I’ve always argued someone like Zion may not have taken money because there was a 100000% chance he was getting PAID just 1 year later. No need to risk anything when you are in his shoes.

Mid to high level recruits it makes more sense on vs someone like Zion.
There's no risk to him taking the money

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Claiming to be victims my ass that’s what cheaters do to cover up their cheating. The victims were the rest of the conference members. Stop looking through rose colored glasses good grief.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Take away their last two BIGXII season titles.
Last 2? No man, this goes back way before Preston and De Sousa. McLemore, Embid, Wiggins, Oubre, Jackson, probably Collins. It would be naive to think that any of them didn’t get paid. If they start vacating titles they’ll have to go back to the “aw shucks” squeaky clean Roy Williams to keep a banner. Oh wait, who was the coach before him? Larry Brown? Damn, well who was the coach before him?

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Last 2? No man, this goes back way before Preston and De Sousa. McLemore, Embid, Wiggins, Oubre, Jackson, probably Collins. It would be naive to think that any of them didn’t get paid. If they start vacating titles they’ll have to go back to the “aw shucks” squeaky clean Roy Williams to keep a banner. Oh wait, who was the coach before him? Larry Brown? Damn, well who was the coach before him?
I just want the last couple of B12 championships so that they never broke the UCLA streak. I'm petty like that.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I just want the last couple of B12 championships so that they never broke the UCLA streak. I'm petty like that.
Something makes me think that de Sousa wasn't their crown jewel or their first time

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
24dacb70-de41-11e9-bbb7-b2275158ded9

Damn, seeing this reminds me that Billy has really been stacking on the pounds these last few years.

Who's been giving him worse advice, the person telling him it's a good idea to text when you're cheating or his dietitian?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
No, but like the DeSousa case, I think the ncaa is itching to slam them with a punishment far worse than the crime.

The NCAA is looking to come out of this looking strong and authoritative. They are being challenged on all fronts and need a win and may see blasting KU as a win they can get.
This does seem like a win they can get since it's so obvious.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Oh, it's big. The NCAA is determined to look like they have a hold on this. It's going to be an interesting season, that's for sure.

I don't envy our AD right now. He's got a Lose-Lose decision to make in his near future.
I don't envy your coach either. If this doesn't cause him to lose some of that gorgeous head of hair, nothing will.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
There's no risk to him taking the money

But for a high-end prospect that could make millions in a year if they play their cards right, its far more important to make sure theyre in a place where their brand will be maximized over that year. There's litle risk from the NCAA in taking their money.. but there's risk in taking that money if it means going to an otherwise lesser choice.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I mean I find it funny that only Adidas schools cheat. You cant tell me Duke and Kentucky are on the up and up, but nobody investigates Nike?

They are all cheating, Nike is just better saturated in the market to get away with it better, Adidas is still trying to find their Jordan.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman