Attendance today was subpar

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
We've officially entered a new era with entitled fans who never experienced 30,000 fans every Saturday of the football season and 2 wins a year. Take a look at nearly every stadium around the country. Coaches and AD's would DIE for our fan support.

My senior year we were playing Missouri and all we had to do was win and we’d win the North and play in the Big 12 championship game.

We had like, 18,000 at that game.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Were you there? There were large sections completely empty. I don't need reported numbers. I saw it with my own 2 eyes. It sucked. Own it.

I was. And there was around 54k in actual butts in the seats. Lol I don’t need own it. Given the circumstances, I’m okay with it. I thought it’d be worse. There was a section “completely empty”. The usual pockets were empty plus a poor student attendance.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cstrunk

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Were you there? There were large sections completely empty. I don't need reported numbers. I saw it with my own 2 eyes. It sucked. Own it.
Seems to me that if a person really loved Cyclone football, then they would not care if the grass lots were closed. They'd find a spot on campus, park for FREE, and walk to the stadium.

Now, I know some folks struggle to walk a long distance, but someone in good health should be able to walk a bit. It would seem to be worth it.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I want you to compare our attendance to any other P5 team that played a lower-tier opponent in rain this year and let me know how we stack up; I hypothesize we did pretty darn well.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Seems to me that if a person really loved Cyclone football, then they would not care if the grass lots were closed. They'd find a spot on campus, park for FREE, and walk to the stadium.

Now, I know some folks struggle to walk a long distance, but someone in good health should be able to walk a bit. It would seem to be worth it.

So people must to attend games to love the cyclones?

For f*cks sakes, we just had a blow out win and some people still want something to b*tch about.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
My senior year we were playing Missouri and all we had to do was win and we’d win the North and play in the Big 12 championship game.

Because it was Thanksgiving Weekend, and there was sideways sleet the morning of the game! lol. I remember because my wife and I returned to Iowa to visit her family for the Holiday, and I made plans to go to that game with a buddy from my ISU days - UNTIL I woke up and saw that sideways sleet! lol. I called him and told him I was staying in my nice warm abode with hot coffee and watching that game on TV! lol. FWIW, when I was in school I did go to the 1991 Colorado blizzard game.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
So people must to attend games to love the cyclones?

For f*cks sakes, we just had a blow out win and some people still want something to b*tch about.
No. Of course not. It costs a lot (time and money) to attend games. But a little mist and a few closed lots should not keep very many regularly attending folks away.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Preach brother. I was at that game. I've never been so disappointed in our fans.

• Funny
Reactions: CyDude16

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

A dark, dark day.

Was on the road and listening to the Walters call of the missed field goal. His restrain was pretty amazing.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Because it was Thanksgiving Weekend, and there was sideways sleet the morning of the game! lol. I remember because my wife and I returned to Iowa to visit her family for the Holiday, and I made plans to go to that game with a buddy from my ISU days - UNTIL I woke up and saw that sideways sleet! lol. I called him and told him I was staying in my nice warm abode with hot coffee and watching that game on TV! lol. FWIW, when I was in school I did go to the 1991 Colorado blizzard game.

I mean, thanksgiving is on Thursday. The game was on a Saturday......

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I was a student.....
That's fine. I'm just stating one of the reasons the crowd was low. Some students stayed and attended, some went home and came back with their family, and some students went home for the weekend and said fruck it. I know I didn't go due to the inclement weather, and I went to bed the night before with all the intentions in the world of going to the game until I stepped outside into the sideways sleet.