Kum & Go Tweet

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Honestly I'll probably forget all about this within a week and swing into a Kum and Go without thinking about it.

I do think, however, that when pretty much every convenience store offers a very similar product, you may as well go with one that does not actively troll Iowa State. It's not like they did anything profane or offensive, but it's just dumb and it's just bad business.

I do find the Iowa fans who are making fun of Iowa State fans for overreacting funny seeing as their fanbase tried to get the freakin' Stanford band disbanded over a joke about farmers...

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009

"hit us especially hard this year. We've regained our feet..."

Almost sounds like a little more backhanded trolling considering how the game ended.

I wouldn't read too much into that. I really think they are sincere. A ton of ISU grads work for them and a couple of their largest markets are Ames and Des Moines so they had to play damage control. I'm not going to boycott but it definitely left a sour taste with a big customer base which is not what they want when there are several other fantastic Iowa based c stores (Casey's, Kwik Star).

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Let’s look at an Iowa State donor. The sukups. They donate to Iowa state. However instead of sending ******* tweets and then sending an ******* apology 3 days later, they invite former Iowa players to help work on the housing project.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
A number of reasons their initial tweet and follow ups are so stupid:
- gas can be a major expenditure, especially for business travelers. I spend approx $250 per month
- switching out your chosen vendor of gas and roller food is one of the easiest to do. The options are everywhere and there's zero switching cost in money or time
- the tweet and follow up "we didn't pick who won" came from the marketing group. You know, the folks paid to attract customers.
Baffling, and easy enough to take my $3,000 per year, $100,000+ over my remaining years elsewhere.

• Optimistic
Reactions: FatNTired

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I wouldn't read too much into that. I really think they are sincere. A ton of ISU grads work for them and a couple of their largest markets are Ames and Des Moines so they had to play damage control. I'm not going to boycott but it definitely left a sour taste with a big customer base which is not what they want when there are several other fantastic Iowa based c stores (Casey's, Kwik Star).

They're backpedaling faster than an all-pro cornerback.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spanky

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

Kwik star star base out of LaCrosse. FYI

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Let’s look at an Iowa State donor. The sukups. They donate to Iowa state. However instead of sending ******* tweets and then sending an ******* apology 3 days later, they invite former Iowa players to help work on the housing project.

Careful around the stairs.....
(Sorry, but their tweet and non-apologetic apology make it hard to resist)