Who will be the guest picker?

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I really don’t care as long as he picks us to win. Has a guest picker ever picked against the home team on GameDay? Too bad it’s not someone with even a slight connection to ISU.
I agree with your first sentence.

What I don't understand is the fixation with people being adamant the picker had to have some tie to ISU.

Katy Perry was the guest picker of an Alabama at Ole Miss game. She has no ties to either of those schools. Eric Church is no Katy Perry, obviously, but he's a bigger name than Dan McCarney or Seneca Wallace.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Bro country - cool.

WPf9Bj8.jpg
Eric Church is not bro country. He and Chris Stapleton are the only two people that get played on country radio that aren’t bro “country,” and neither one of them get much air time anymore because of it, even though people love them. I put country in quotes because new country is pop/hip hop music that they add an acoustic guitar to and call it country.

• Creative
Reactions: Macloney

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
The corn and pig generalization of Iowa seems lame. They don't use these types of generalizations in other places. I bet they don't show people doing coke in the bathroom in Miami, don't show bro's stealing expensive sunglasses in LA, and don't show people soliciting transvestite prostitutes in New Orleans.
Dont forget the human feces and hypodermic needles in San Fran.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Guys stop with the hate. Usually haters hate because they lack the perspective to organize their thoughts and form a good argument.

Eric Church is better than Tucker Beathard, Tom Arnold or Ashton. Wouldn't want any irrelevant or has been Hawk. I wanted Jason Momoa, Stone Cold or Jeremy Renner (How cool could it have been if Marvel's Hawkeye was a Cyclone Fan) but this is a great choice. Church is a huge College Football fan and general Badass.

Eric Church will probably be blown away by the turnout. Which is Great pub for ISU, the state and the rivalry coming from someone whose only bias is College Football.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
Guys stop with the hate. Usually haters hate because they lack the perspective to organize their thoughts and form a good argument.

Eric Church is better than Tucker Beathard, Tom Arnold or Ashton. Wouldn't want any irrelevant or has been Hawk. I wanted Jason Momoa, Stone Cold or Jeremy Renner (How cool could it have been if Marvel's Hawkeye was a Cyclone Fan) but this is a great choice. Church is a huge College Football fan and general Badass.

Eric Church will probably be blown away by the turnout. Which is Great pub for ISU, the state and the rivalry coming from someone whose only bias is College Football.

I can organize my thoughts and form a great argument.

Country music sucks. Nobody in the general public knows who the hell Eric Church is. He has no connections to anything.

Did I say country music sucks?

I really don't care though. Just want to win the game :)

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
I can organize my thoughts and form a great argument.

Country music sucks. Nobody in the general public knows who the hell Eric Church is. He has no connections to anything.

Did I say country music sucks?

I really don't care though. Just want to win the game :)

Well played sir. Nothing like using fallacy or a general disregard for proper argumentation to counter.

Cause 'Merica :)

It was funny tho

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Eric Church is not bro country. He and Chris Stapleton are the only two people that get played on country radio that aren’t bro “country,” and neither one of them get much air time anymore because of it, even though people love them. I put country in quotes because new country is pop/hip hop music that they add an acoustic guitar to and call it country.

Waylon Jennings would disagree with you.

If it looks like a duck...

Reactions: arobb

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Waylon Jennings would disagree with you.

If it looks like a duck...

...We kill a bunch of Innocent Women? Is that what you mean?

You sound like the Catholic Church circa 1487 with the publishing of Malleus Maleficarum.

But yeah great take. How about you put another drink in your hand and Pledge Allegiance to the Hag.

• Creative
Reactions: Macloney

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron