Who will be the guest picker?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Gawwwwd...... because we're all a bunch of redneck corn lovin' hicks in Iowa... we HAVE to have a country hick singer as our guest picker. How stupid.

GameDay has started to ruin their show by not having people that love the school where they are at that week. Eric Church doesn't give a rat's a** about ISU in any way shape or form. But hey, we must have a celebrity on. Dumb.

On the other hand he's really popular and people will tune in....which is all ESPN is about.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
College Game Day
Busch Lite man
Eric Church

It is CWs world and I am just happy he lets us live in it.
If we could get this combine to Ames he may not make it through the day.

Attachments

• Combine.jpg
    Combine.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 29
  • C2.jpg
    C2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Funny
Reactions: inCyteful

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Isn't this guest picker on for like 10 minutes or something? Who gives a **** as long as a) it's not a known Iowa fan and b) it's not a known Iowa fan?

I hate country music, but as long as he picks Iowa State to win, I'm fine with it.

Also, I think you all seem to think that super famous people are always doing this.

• Agree
Reactions: mynameisjonas

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I haven’t watched Gameday in at least half a decade. Can anyone explain to me what the big deal is with the picker in the first place? Seems like something to really not care about.
Maybe the only time I've seen a guest picker on Gameday was a replay of Katy Perry and her corn dog. It was actually pretty entertaining. I believe she was super-high.

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
The father of CJ Beathard co-wrote a lot of his songs...

Jesus christ.

FG39BTa.gif

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I guess it doesn't matter because gameday sucks and nobody really watches, but they couldn't have made you hicks look like any bigger shitkickers than you already are if they tried.

Add a bunch of white trash hawk fans on screen and it will really be cool.

Northern Hick -
The rare type of hick, redneck, and hillbilly located in the northern U.S.A. They don't have much of a southern accent, but can fluently speak and comprehend it. Northern Hicks do not own a rusty old truck that they drive around, they have the biggest truck you can buy, but it has to be very clean. Northern Hicks are truly the same as the original hick, redneck, and hillbilly, at heart, but their ways are set back by the cruelty of the city life...

Northern Hicks can be called a "sophisticated" version of the Southern Hick.

Classic ISU

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Gawwwwd...... because we're all a bunch of redneck corn lovin' hicks in Iowa... we HAVE to have a country hick singer as our guest picker. How stupid.

GameDay has started to ruin their show by not having people that love the school where they are at that week. Eric Church doesn't give a rat's a** about ISU in any way shape or form. But hey, we must have a celebrity on. Dumb.

Change your tampon. Who cares

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Not hating, just think its annoying how ESPN always equates ISU to nothing but a cornfield. Why not open the show with a shot of the Jack Trice Statue or maybe the beautiful central campus.
The corn and pig generalization of Iowa seems lame. They don't use these types of generalizations in other places. I bet they don't show people doing coke in the bathroom in Miami, don't show bro's stealing expensive sunglasses in LA, and don't show people soliciting transvestite prostitutes in New Orleans.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The corn and pig generalization of Iowa seems lame. The don't use these types of generalizations in other places. I bet they don't show people doing coke in the bathroom in Miami, don't show bro's stealing expensive sunglasses in LA, and don't show people soliciting transvestite prostitutes in New Orleans.

So they should show a meth factory for the state of Iowa?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron