Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Going to disagree some in that this may "seem" like a fun idea but should be an exhibition and not a real game. I thought this had to be some sort of Onion like joke when I saw it. Getting the field set up, even temporarily, as something fit for MLB is going to be a challenge. Temporary walls and all might be easier than getting the infield and outfield into shape.

The games in London, while fun and all in concept, where a joke. Glad that those games are unlikely to effect the race at this point but no one knew that when they were scheduled.
It's funny because I thought about The Onion initially as well.
I read they are going to put together an 8,000 seat temporary stadium. I agree with the assessment about getting the field in proper shape for an MLB game and that it would better served as an exhibition.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Ok there's a thread in the pro sports forum on this and someone posted this. it's gong to be a completely separate stadium. I don't find that as cool

Capture.JPG

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Entering into pre-panic mode for party prep. Not full blown "WTF were you thinking!", more "Ah, dude, really?"

Did buy a dozen cheap wine glasses to supplement what I have on hand. My friend Mike, aka Broken Glass, is definitely getting one of the cheap ones.

Reactions: NWICY

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Went to Biaggi's for dinner for our anniversary. Had spinach pasta with shrimp & crab with a cream sauce. Absolutely delightful. At first, I would have been happy with driving back to Ankeny and getting ice cream at Culver's. Then, I saw the dessert special for tonight was key lime pie. And, it's actually a small mini pie. Delicious. No @BoxsterCy , you can't have any. Or anyone else for that matter. ;):D:cool:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Went to Biaggi's for dinner for our anniversary. Had spinach pasta with shrimp & crab with a cream sauce. Absolutely delightful. At first, I would have been happy with driving back to Ankeny and getting ice cream at Culver's. Then, I saw the dessert special for tonight was key lime pie. And, it's actually a small mini pie. Delicious. No @BoxsterCy , you can't have any. Or anyone else for that matter. ;):D:cool:

Happy anniversary.

• Winner
Reactions: SaraV

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I usually do double reds so I'm good for 16 wks at a time if I remember right. I just show up when they call me.
Double red here too. O Negative. Unfortunately they are having networking issues so I am sitting here waiting.

• Dislike

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Are you on vacation or did you send the dogs to the parents for some quiet time (for you)?

Going to the fair today and we have had them kenneled up at home quite a bit the last couple weeks so we decided to send them to kennel to run off some energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.