Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just unplugged laptop again. Something about not being full on comfy with a plugged in device sitting on my lap in a thunderstorm with lots of ground contact lightening. :rolleyes:

Reactions: SaraV and wxman1

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Just unplugged laptop again. Something about not being full on comfy with a plugged in device sitting on my lap in a thunderstorm with lots of ground contact lightening. :rolleyes:

Unplugged my laptop before we left for vacation a couple of weeks ago "just because". Glad I did because we received an email notification while driving back that our area had a blackout. (Probably from everyone using their AC. Yeah, it was THAT weekend.)

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Holy cow ISU has a bunch of fees that they hit you with.

It adds up to more than the listed price? I remember paying for the cheap health care at student health, only used it once when I broke a finger playing flag FB. I think I remember paying rec fees but those facilities are way nicer than when I was there. FB and BB tickets were my highest non academic expenses billed through ISU. Beer was probably my highest overall non useful expense. No @cowgirl836, or @BoxsterCy spread sheet to verify this though. When does the son move down?

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
It adds up to more than the listed price? I remember paying for the cheap health care at student health, only used it once when I broke a finger playing flag FB. I think I remember paying rec fees but those facilities are way nicer than when I was there. FB and BB tickets were my highest non academic expenses billed through ISU. Beer was probably my highest overall non useful expense. No @cowgirl836, or @BoxsterCy spread sheet to verify this though. When does the son move down?
Beer and non useful do NOT belong in the same sentence!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Yeah, student health and rec fees are over 500. He already has insurance. The other fees add nearly a grand over the tuition and room/board.

21st is moving day. Guess I better clean out the pickup.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I just looked up the cost for going to ISU for 2019

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I bet the greens keeper for this course south of the Twins was just crying this afternoon.

Mrs. Velo saved some samples for me in the freezer. They were all of ping pong ball and golf ball sized but much of what fell was smaller. Watertown had tennis ball sized hail and Delano had some grapefruit sized hail.
EBO7uhlVUAAN_cq

Both of those are just west of the TCs.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Mrs. Velo saved some samples for me in the freezer. They were all of ping pong ball and golf ball sized but much of what fell was smaller. Watertown had tennis ball sized hail and Delano had some grapefruit sized hail.
EBO7uhlVUAAN_cq

Both of those are just west of the TCs.

Heat up a knife to cut them open!

• Informative
Reactions: SCyclone
Status
Not open for further replies.