Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
On cleaning.....first, I'll admit I'm OCPD (much different than OCD, you can look it up), so I tend to be a neatnik. The vixen never uses the word "cleaning" without modifying it with the word "thorough". This intrigued me after we got married.

However, I find that her cleaning style, while excellent, is not exactly thorough. And I'm talking about stuff most people wouldn't even think about, like dusting the top of the base trim, the panels in the interior doors, cleaning dust off the top of the shower enclosure, etc.

And yes, I know I'm obsessive, hence the OCPD in the opening paragraph. My "thorough" is just a bit more "thorough" than hers. ;)

My husband would be a lot more organized and cleaner than me.... then Z came along. I think we have a good compromise at the moment.

I did notice the kitchen light needs dusted this weekend though. I told Z "do you see how it looks fuzzy on the outside? It needs dusted badly."

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Another example about me from MrsWx for @cmjh10 especially when we had the daycare in the house if I came home and there were dishes to be done I would just jump in and do them because there was work to be done. That didn't go over well because she "was going to get to them".

When we are cleaning or doing work around the house she will often comment that I am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off (not literally but I am going fast or something) when to me I have a job and an objective and I am just working. It just so happens to be at a faster pace or more focused than she is.

You're free to jump in and do what needs to be done at my house!! DH will be the same way "I was going to get to that" sorry I work first, play later/never. Not, play now, fall asleep on couch, do stuff quick at 3am when I wakeup :rolleyes:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Technically they didn't even do that since we were never notified and the sign is only around the construction area and not obvious to those in the area unless you happen to look over there.

I am guessing there may be some non-friable materials present although that would be an odd sign to put up. Those aren't the kind that will release fibers into the air. Maybe asbestos in old roofing tar or tiles or tile binding materials. Not the same thing as the loose or sprayed on insulations that can be a bad thing in demo or remodeling. When neighbor removed some ACM house siding he just had to be careful in removing and bagging it separately. Did not require the sealing off or air breathers and disposable suits like some loose materials would.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I'm admittedly the cause of a lot of frustration with certain chores. When I'm cooking, I'm also cleaning dishes up while I go so I don't have to deal with it afterwards. As a result, I rarely sit idle while preparing a meal. If my wife wants to help, she'll inevitably end up getting in my way and getting mad because she wants to help.

If we are picking up the house, I will pick something up in one room and put it in the proper place, then notice something in that room and put it in the right place, and so on and so forth. I have issues returning to the original scene empty handed to finish a room.

I call it efficient. She calls it infuriating.

Do that a lot. Then get back to my original task and feel like it took me 30 minutes to do one small task!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Blast from the past. Who's Who mailing for CWW#2. Little out of date since the name used is like two name changes ago. And it couldn't be something cool like a big check or something made out to CWW#2 or Mr. BoxsterCy. Disappointing. :rolleyes:

Anyway, looked at the bio included for grins. Had her as a systems analyst at Northwest Airlines so that's like 20 years out of date. Did have her undergrad correct, Slavic Languages, University of Washington (gonna get a boo hiss from KC!).

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Blast from the past. Who's Who mailing for CWW#2. Little out of date since the name used is like two name changes ago. And it couldn't be something cool like a big check or something made out to CWW#2 or Mr. BoxsterCy. Disappointing. :rolleyes:

Anyway, looked at the bio included for grins. Had her as a systems analyst at Northwest Airlines so that's like 20 years out of date. Did have her undergrad correct, Slavic Languages, University of Washington (gonna get a boo hiss from KC!).
Frickin' Dawgs...
Woof, myazz!

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Technically they didn't even do that since we were never notified and the sign is only around the construction area and not obvious to those in the area unless you happen to look over there.
I took an asbestos removal course years ago and it's nothing to mess around with. I doubt anything has changed in the nearly 40 years since I took it. The area should be sealed off.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Do that a lot. Then get back to my original task and feel like it took me 30 minutes to do one small task!

Throw clean basket of laundry on bed and start folding. Take folded towels downstairs and put them in the linen closet. Notice clean sheets. Decide to switch out sheets on daughter's bed. Pick up clothes on floor (because there are going to be clothes on her floor). Realize I just started a load of whites so I take them downstairs and add them to the washer. Empty lint screen into garbage. Decide I should dump it cuz it's getting full. May as well clean the litter box while I'm at it. Take trash to garage. Move my level to the correct place since my wife used it and just set it down somewhere instead of putting it in the correct place. Come back inside. Notice blankets on couch. Fold them. Find my book that I left downstairs earlier that morning. Take it up to the bedroom hoping to relax in bed and read for a few minutes only to find out that I can't because some dumb ass left unfolded laundry on the bed.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I'm admittedly the cause of a lot of frustration with certain chores. When I'm cooking, I'm also cleaning dishes up while I go so I don't have to deal with it afterwards. As a result, I rarely sit idle while preparing a meal. If my wife wants to help, she'll inevitably end up getting in my way and getting mad because she wants to help.

If we are picking up the house, I will pick something up in one room and put it in the proper place, then notice something in that room and put it in the right place, and so on and so forth. I have issues returning to the original scene empty handed to finish a room.

I call it efficient. She calls it infuriating.
This is exactly how I cook and clean. If we are both cleaning, typically she does the dining room, living room and hallway, and I do the kitchen and main bathroom.

I do most of the cooking, and I'm always cleaning as I go. When Wifey-poo cooks, the food is delicious and it looks like the kitchen got hit by a "tornader." But, she has been improving.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Can anyone id this former player for me? I should know him, but I'm drawing a blank:
8f7228ea-38f1-415e-9cc1-7e26b0c440f2.jpg

PS: I'll smack the first person that says "Halliburton".

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Throw clean basket of laundry on bed and start folding. Take folded towels downstairs and put them in the linen closet. Notice clean sheets. Decide to switch out sheets on daughter's bed. Pick up clothes on floor (because there are going to be clothes on her floor). Realize I just started a load of whites so I take them downstairs and add them to the washer. Empty lint screen into garbage. Decide I should dump it cuz it's getting full. May as well clean the litter box while I'm at it. Take trash to garage. Move my level to the correct place since my wife used it and just set it down somewhere instead of putting it in the correct place. Come back inside. Notice blankets on couch. Fold them. Find my book that I left downstairs earlier that morning. Take it up to the bedroom hoping to relax in bed and read for a few minutes only to find out that I can't because some dumb ass left unfolded laundry on the bed.
You don't really have cats, do you? That bit about emptying the litter box is just a fake detail. Anyone who has cats knows better than to leave blankets on the couch and unfolded CLEAN laundry on the bed, as both of those are cat magnets and will become so fuzzy they will have to go back into the wash again, and then when you dry them they will fill up the lint screen with cat hair, and you will have to dump it again, and and and...

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
This is exactly how I cook and clean. If we are both cleaning, typically she does the dining room, living room and hallway, and I do the kitchen and main bathroom.

I do most of the cooking, and I'm always cleaning as I go. When Wifey-poo cooks, the food is delicious and it looks like the kitchen got hit by a "tornader." But, she has been improving.
The food isn't really good unless the kitchen is a disaster. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I took an asbestos removal course years ago and it's nothing to mess around with. I doubt anything has changed in the nearly 40 years since I took it. The area should be sealed off.

They just told us that is non-friable in nature. So I went to OSHAs website and found...

"Materials such as vinyl-asbestos floor tile or roofing felt are considered non-friable if intact and generally do not emit airborne fibers unless subjected to sanding, sawing and other aggressive operations. Asbestos-cement pipe or sheet can emit airborne fibers if the materials are cut or sawed, or if they are broken."

https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1926/1926.1101AppH

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

I would be lucky if I got back to the room where the original "thing to put away" was AND remembered I was just going to do that one thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.