ISU vs Auburn in Big 12 SEC Challenge

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Initial thoughts:
ESPN/Big12/SEC must feel ISU will have a good NCAA tourney seed team to pair with Auburn coming off a Final 4. Definite respect for the program to lose 3 starters and stll get a premium opponent. Fair to say the MBB Cyclone Brand is on solid ground.
Guess KU/TT will get the prime time matchup. but could see Cyclones and Tiger get the lead in game on ESPN.

Finally split up the Kansas vs Kentucky matchup. Makes sense with rise in national profiles of TT and Tenn allowing for some fresh matchups.

Baylor vs Florida may be the best game of the bunch. Both programs could be in the top 15 when they meet.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Initial thoughts:
ESPN/Big12/SEC must feel ISU will have a good NCAA tourney seed team to pair with Auburn coming off a Final 4. Definite respect for the program to lose 3 starters and stll get a premium opponent. Fair to say the MBB Cyclone Brand is on solid ground.
Guess KU/TT will get the prime time matchup. but could see Cyclones and Tiger get the lead in game on ESPN.

Finally split up the Kansas vs Kentucky matchup. Makes sense with rise in national profiles of TT and Tenn allowing for some fresh matchups.

Baylor vs Florida may be the best game of the bunch. Both programs could be in the top 15 when they meet.

I was curious, so I looked. Looks like they lost some important guys too, but have some pretty strong returnees in the front court. Helps that we have three dudes who can hold their own down low. Their backcourt looks to be where the fresh faces will mostly be.

https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball...r-outlook-with-nba-draft-deadline-passed.html

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
@ Auburn! Dangnabit! I have cancelled my hotel reservations in Lexington, Baton Rouge and Birmingham!

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
How often was Georges Niang outscored by 6 of his teammates and Iowa State still won by 25+?

Much as I love Georges, he was better as a junior and senior than as a sophomore. His PER actually dipped from his freshman year to his sophomore, went up slightly for his junior year, and went through the roof for his senior year. He really carried the team.

He seemed to have had a rough game -- 2/8 from the field, 3 turnovers, did not draw any free throws, and only played 17 minutes. Not his best game out there.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Much as I love Georges, he was better as a junior and senior than as a sophomore. His PER actually dipped from his freshman year to his sophomore, went up slightly for his junior year, and went through the roof for his senior year. He really carried the team.

He seemed to have had a rough game -- 2/8 from the field, 3 turnovers, did not draw any free throws, and only played 17 minutes. Not his best game out there.
Fouled out in 17 minutes.

But some scrawny kid from Flint put up 12 points, 9 assists and no turnovers in 24 minutes.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

I don't think you'd offend Georges by saying this haha.