Big Brother 21

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Haven’t seen a thread on this yet and the premiere is tomorrow night.

Cast is below.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/photos/1008746/who-s-in-the-cast-of-big-brother-season-21-/

House Theme deals with Camping

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.us...er-season-21-theme-house-revealed-photos/amp/

There has only been 16 announced House Guest but yet the table has 20 placeholders. I’ve seen rumors that 4 vets would be brought back as “counselors”.

Will be hard to beat BB20 as that was probably my favorite season I’ve seen, but the cast looks.. interesting to say the least.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Haven’t seen a thread on this yet and the premiere is tomorrow night.

Cast is below.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/photos/1008746/who-s-in-the-cast-of-big-brother-season-21-/

House Theme deals with Camping

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.us...er-season-21-theme-house-revealed-photos/amp/

There has only been 16 announced House Guest but yet the table has 20 placeholders. I’ve seen rumors that 4 vets would be brought back as “counselors”.

Will be hard to beat BB20 as that was probably my favorite season I’ve seen, but the cast looks.. interesting to say the least.

First season maybe ever I have no interest in watching it. Just haven't cared or looked forward to it. Until I saw your post I didn't even know it was on tonight. Maybe I'll rally and start watching it. It's a good summer show.

Reactions: Cyclonic1

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Oof. They are three introductions in and I want to turn it already. The unicorn girl is off the charts weird, the dancer is already annoying and the Baylor girl? Nope.

EDIT: That dancer has to go. Immediately.

Last edited:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Oof. They are three introductions in and I want to turn it already. The unicorn girl is off the charts weird, the dancer is already annoying and the Baylor girl? Nope.

Funny how people's opinions differ. In the BB draft I did with my wife last night, I took Tommie first. He is one of the few super fans on the show (too many recruits btw), and knows someone in the house...huge advantage.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Few thoughts after night 1:

-The show did a very lazy/sloppy casting job. Because it's a simple Instagram search, they had to admit Tommy has known Christie from before. Yet they didn't reveal all.

-Kathryn is a friend of a person who I listen to daily on podcasts about the show. She is really good friends with Holly on the show (CBS apparently decided not to reveal this). They have been working actively as a pair before even going into the house and went through the casting process together.

-Christie was a last minute add because a girl named Jenna Jackson got cut. Jenna Jackson got cut because her name got leaked to the media ahead of time....leaked by Kathryn (allegedly). Jenna Jackson has now been casted for two seasons but cut at the last minute.

-BB20 was awesome but oh my god the last 1/3 was awfully boring and slow. BB needs to go back to 80 days. 100 just drags on. BB Canada has a much better format.

-Jack is an obvious recruit because of his looks and one liners. However, if he can get a bro alliance, he might be okay. People will keep him as a meat shield.

-If Cliff Hogg III was 20 years younger, he'd be my winner pick. The guy is a super fan and is self aware. He's just up against being a generation ahead of everyone else.

-Nicole is awkward as all hell, but she has some awareness. She might be a final two goat.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I'm one of the few people I know that hates this show. I cant stand it but my wife loves it....

• Informative
Reactions: mj4cy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm one of the few people I know that hates this show. I cant stand it but my wife loves it....

I'm not a huge fan of the show itself sometimes because it's often something very different production wants you to see/think. But i LOVE the game play and the live feeds....the real story.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
There was a live feed leak (audio only). Apparently Christie is the new HOH and is targeting Kathryn. She's also considering putting up Cliff as the pawn. This tells me Cliff survived the night one Camp Director twist.

Apparently there is a showmance between Jackson and Kathryn...or at least a budding showmance (surprise...not). Also, it sounds like the 4 people that stood up wanting the Camp Director made an agreement that they wouldn't put any of the others up. Then Jackson backstabbed all three and put them up with what is believed to be Kemi as the 4th. Speculation is that either Kemi or David is gone already. Some people think David's pictures from CBS was photoshopped meaning he's already gone (they did the same thing for Cameron two years ago...apparently CBS can't photoshop).

Last edited:

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015

The introductions are always terrible for the show though. Feel like I always find myself shaking my head through these with all of the "OMG are you serious?!?" responses and reactions to finding the keys with their names on them and a camera in their face.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The introductions are always terrible for the show though. Feel like I always find myself shaking my head through these with all of the "OMG are you serious?!?" responses and reactions to finding the keys with their names on them and a camera in their face.

Actually this year was MUCH better with intros. Got through them in 20-25 minutes and got to the game. CBS finally figured out anyone who really wants to get to know the players or their background would have already looked them up or watched pregame interviews.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Actually this year was MUCH better with intros. Got through them in 20-25 minutes and got to the game. CBS finally figured out anyone who really wants to get to know the players or their background would have already looked them up or watched pregame interviews.

Completely agree on the time designated for them, they didn't seem to drag on. The cheesy nature of them is still there though.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Completely agree on the time designated for them, they didn't seem to drag on. The cheesy nature of them is still there though.

Yeah it's funny. Houseguests always seem to try too hard to show themselves and get to know each other. It'll settle down in a few days and we'll get to see true colors.

Or at least I hope....I like Sam, but his voice....wowza

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I'm always amazed on how they select the people on these shows. There have been 284 cast members.

40% of Americans overweight and they have their first obese contestant that I can remember. No urge to see fat people but it's funny how they go out of their way to over represent every other group.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm always amazed on how they select the people on these shows. There have been 284 cast members.

40% of Americans overweight and they have their first obese contestant that I can remember. No urge to see fat people but it's funny how they go out of their way to over represent every other group.

They have a plus size model on the show this year fwiw lol.

Personally, I wish they'd just put more superfans in and less recruits who have watched one season (in sequester a week before the show starts). I suppose they want a lot of people that really don't know what to expect vs. a superfan who knows to keep track of days, when to keep their mouth shut, when to throw a comp ect.

• Agree
Reactions: STATE12

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

I would guess casting obese people is a hard thing to do since they have physical challenges that require you to be agile at the very least.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Cheering for:

Analyse - for obvious reasons - WOW, simply amazing
Holly - she seems intriguing
David - seems like he would actually be cool and real
Ovi
Sam - He could get annoying with his yelling and loud talking but he doesn't seem to be a DB

Not Cheering for:
Jackson - This seasons DB

The rest I am indifferent to right now. Jack is close to the DB category but I think if you got him away from Jackson he might actually be ok.