Updated Lundardi bracketology

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
My biggest thing is I know so little about the 19-20 team at this point, to the point where I’m not expecting much right now. So, if a national guy (even if it’s Lunardi) has us as a #5, sure, why not.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
http://barttorvik.com/trankpre.php

Has us as #52 and 17-14 overall. I think that's much more likely than a 5 seed, but that's not bad at all and I don't fault anybody for thinking we'll be a tourney team next year.

That seems pretty fair with where things stand right now. That's squarely a bubble team. Would take some individual improvements (looking at you Zion and Terrence) and/or a freshmen exceeding expectations (my guess is Tre Jackson) to make the tournament but nothing crazy. I also think adding an immediately eligible Bolton bumps that projection up a bit, but not as significantly as some have suggested.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
What position to do you guys play on the basketball team?
Don’t be an idiot, you’ve said “we” when referencing the ISU basketball team before.
You can’t keep switching “They” and “We” for too long before you get caught.
For example, post #161 in this thread:
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/early-thoughts-on-next-season.247119/page-9#post-6616015
You said this:
Not a tournament team at all. That is one scary looking offense although we might be alot better at defense and rebounding.
There’s plenty more examples in your posting history. Don’t be a hypocrite.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Don’t be an idiot, you’ve said “we” when referencing the ISU basketball team before.
You can’t keep switching “They” and “We” for too long before you get caught.
For example, post #161 in this thread:
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/early-thoughts-on-next-season.247119/page-9#post-6616015
You said this:

There’s plenty more examples in your posting history. Don’t be a hypocrite.

Lmao, just a suggestion, there is a thread about lawn care, or may I suggest the Cougar in Des Moines thread, or even the Cubs thread? I don't care what you do, my god get a hobby or do something, I dont care what.

• Dislike
Reactions: SerenityNow

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Lmao, just a suggestion, there is a thread about lawn care, or may I suggest the Cougar in Des Moines thread, or even the Cubs thread? I don't care what you do, my god get a hobby or do something, I dont care what.
Don’t get mad you got exposed.
Just accept it and move on.
My hobby right now is called “read jereseib’s posting history to see how many times he gets confused on what team he is cheering for”.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Can you give him a link to a nice EMAW board?

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I’m still trying to process that there’s a thread based on Lunardi’s pre-summer bracketology. He doesn’t know **** about basketball.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Lunardi is on crack, the only way they get a 5 seed is if they overachieve to their talent level and coaching. Thats something that hasnt happened yet in 4 years, so who knows, maybe they are due for a surprising season.

God you’re an idiot. Just a total loser.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I think it's more likely that we miss the tournament than get a 5 seed. However college ball isn't all about talent. Guys could get a long really well and have great chemistry and get us to a 5 seed. Who knows. I wouldn't be predicting it however.