***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Other high majors interest is encouraging but i also remember TCU, USC, Washington and Cal being interested in Ray Kasongo when he left Tennessee and we all saw how that turned out.

Absolutely, no prospect is a sure thing.
Having other HM involved at least indicates other programs believe his talent can translate to the ACC and SEC. In the end, there would have been a lot of questioning of his potential commitment if Javian chose ISU over non - P6 programs this news should lessen that possibility.

Reactions: CyTwins and Messi

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Interesting we have so many irons hot right now transfer wise. From what we've heard we dont plan to fill all three openings so guessing we take one of the transfers were after and we slow play another one such as Johnson once the nba stuff is figured out.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Interesting we have so many irons hot right now transfer wise. From what we've heard we dont plan to fill all three openings so guessing we take one of the transfers were after and we slow play another one such as Johnson once the nba stuff is figured out.

Prohm said they were saving one a few weeks ago, but I would think things are fluid and maybe he doesn’t feel like he needs to save one anymore.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Could very well be, I truly doubt either are coming back so getting a grad transfer and a sit out would be great to replace them. We do those things and we are looking good.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
If Tucker and Bolten both want to commit. I think we have to take both. Sorry to LW and THT if they want to come back. Either that or sorry to someone sitting on the bench who may need to enter the transfer portal. However, I think both Tucker and Bolton can make our future team pretty darn good. Tucker next year and Bolten the following year.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
If Tucker and Bolten both want to commit. I think we have to take both. Sorry to LW and THT if they want to come back. Either that or sorry to someone sitting on the bench who may need to enter the transfer portal. However, I think both Tucker and Bolton can make our future team pretty darn good. Tucker next year and Bolten the following year.

I agree. Prohm has to do what he has to do for the program as well. I think that ship has sailed with the Wiggy G league invite anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011

If Bolton and Johnson both want to commit next week, do you give Johnson the brush off and hope for Tucker?
Then bank the last scholly it Tucker goes elsewhere?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
If Bolton and Johnson both want to commit next week, do you give Johnson the brush off and hope for Tucker?
Then bank the last scholly it Tucker goes elsewhere?

Yes, I don't think we take Johnson if we can get Bolton to commit. Just bank it at that point. I don't see anyone leaving for the NBA after next season so it would be nice to have another 2020 scholarship.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
If Tucker and Bolton both want to commit. I think we have to take both. Sorry to LW and THT if they want to come back. Either that or sorry to someone sitting on the bench who may need to enter the transfer portal. However, I think both Tucker and Bolton can make our future team pretty darn good. Tucker next year and Bolten the following year.

Remember Tucker is going through the NBA process too. It is possible that he could commit and then decide to stay in the draft if he gets positive feed back. Granted unlikely but Prohm really wont have a set roster until May 29th depending on THT and LW, with the possibility of Tucker.

I am guessing Bolton and Johnson have commitable offers and if one or both decide to announce after this weekend they will take them. Scholly situations always seem to work themselves out. We shouldn't discount some late attrition occurring if Tucker were to commit. Rajon would be taking major minutes from a couple of players who are right now looking at major roles. Just speculation but rarely do players like being recruited over even if it is for one year.