What is your Pet Peeve

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Sorry if this is a duplicate, but when I'm at a restaurant and I run out of my drink while I am eating.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't eat if I don't have drink. I drink often as I eat. And I don't care if there is a glass of water on our table I could use. I didn't pay $3 for a Coke so I can fill up on water. Ahhhh! I get mad again just thinking of all the times this happens. I swear I spend a third of my time in the restaurant just looking for our waiter/waitress. Many times I just go to where they refill drinks and just ask anyone to fill it for me as I wait for my meal to go cold. I'd better stop now.

THIS! YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
When people throw away something that can be recycled, when there's a recycling bin literally right next to the trash can.

Also, when people clap when the plane takes off or lands. I mean I get it for an obvious tricky landing (i.e.: an emergency landing), but still...

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
The "I don't know what speed I'm doing, so I react to the other lane drivers".

Ex: You find yourself behind these people, often in the left lane. Someone in the right lane turns on their blinker to turn right and starts to slow down. Your person in front of you in the left lane is just tracking their speed and slow down with them. Now you are going 20 under the speed limit before they start to think for themselves again.

• Agree
Reactions: 4theCYcle and SCNCY

clones6421

Sep 26, 2013
On the golf course, typically a par 3, waiting for the group in front of you to get off the green.

When they finish the hole get back to the cart, then start writing the score down, cleaning their club, looking through the golf bag for who knows but still sitting in the cart just off the green!

There is plenty of time to do all that on the next tee box

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
On the golf course, typically a par 3, waiting for the group in front of you to get off the green.

When they finish the hole get back to the cart, then start writing the score down, cleaning their club, looking through the golf bag for who knows but still sitting in the cart just off the green!

There is plenty of time to do all that on the next tee box
I am not a good golfer and don't golf very often. When we do, we play ready golf. (When you are ready you go ahead and hit not matter who is out unless another of your foursome is right behind you.) I don't want to be holding up other golfers just because "I like to get my money's worth" on each hole.

• Agree
Reactions: clones6421

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Here in West Virginia there's all this commotion about a pipeline going in. What irks me is that it's 'accepted' to just throw crap out your car window here. 'Litter', by far, is more environmentally damaging than a pipeline. And yet, it's just lazy people with no respect who do so. I've always thought I think this way because of this 1971 commercial when I was a kid: .

You see it quite a bit in Virginia as well. Many/most of the rural areas don't have trash collection, you have to drive to a trash collection station. It seems that many people just toss it.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Sorry, very long read, and forgive me; I've grown to be a fairly bitter person...

Airplane landing - All those that stand up immediately upon landing, no matter what row they are in. Guess what? You're not going to magically disembark first if you're in row 30..

Why does this bother people so much? I'm not standing up because I think I'm going to get off faster, I'm standing up because I'm tall and my knees and rear end hurt like h*** after sitting in a cramped seat for 3.5 hours.

Barking Dogs - I love animals. However, I do not love animal owners who don't give a damn what their animals do.

100% with you on this. I've actually been told by a neighbor that my hearing is too good because I complained about his dogs barking for hours, months on end while he was at work and their dogs were outside unattended. He also asked me what he was supposed to do about it. I don't know, maybe don't leave your THREE noisy mutts outside all day when no one is around?

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Why does this bother people so much? I'm not standing up because I think I'm going to get off faster, I'm standing up because I'm tall and my knees and rear end hurt like h*** after sitting in a cramped seat for 3.5 hours.

100% with you on this. I've actually been told by a neighbor that my hearing is too good because I complained about his dogs barking for hours, months on end while he was at work and their dogs were outside unattended. He also asked me what he was supposed to do about it. I don't know, maybe don't leave your THREE noisy mutts outside all day when no one is around?
He better figure out what to do about it because the majority of cities have noise ordinances and owners can be fined for a dog barking incessantly.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I followed the A-hole on the left for 5 miles through town as he drove the speed limit minus 5mph. I turned off before I could see if he managed to make the pass, but they probably just hit the Canadian border.
upload_2019-5-7_12-33-19.png

• Funny
Reactions: Knownothing

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Drivers who get on their phone to look at texts, Facebook, whatever, as soon as traffic stops.

Because 99.9% of them are not paying attention then when traffic starts to move and by the time they finally move it is just in time for them to get through as the light turns red again. Just happened this morning which reminded me, but it happens a lot.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I couldn't find the thread I was looking for, but since incorrect grammar is so annoying to many of us, I thought this was a good place for this video. If there is a grammar thread please link it and I'll post there.

Probly is better than Prolly...

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I have two bothering me this morning

Mini van's or any cars that drive side by side in the fast and slow lane and have no idea that they are causing people to want to smash into the back of them

People who don't let their sneeze go. I never understood why people hold a sneeze in when it feels so so good to just let it go.

So what do you got?
Smacking lips when eating.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
The way my husband folds towels. The way he folds them, they don’t fit in the cabinet.

I would rather he leaves them alone and let me fold them since I have to refold them if he does them

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
People that say “whenever” instead of “when”. I’ve noticed an epidemic of this lately. I’m sitting at a restaurant in Indiana and the bartender has done it twice now.

Ex: I was happy whenever they told me… or Whenever they went…

Reactions: khardbored

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron