What is your Pet Peeve

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Is it ok to post pet peeves about spouses yet? 13 pages seems like a safe waiting period.

My wife loves to wait until I'm about two seconds from falling asleep to start up lengthy conversations. Moments from REM, I'll get "What do you want to do with the backyard this year?" or "You know, we need to think about the floors in the living room."

What. The. Hell ?

Corollary to the pet peeve about wives starting serious conversations right before you fall asleep. My wife does it . . . then falls right asleep while I answer . . . and then I can't sleep.

• Funny
Reactions: cyclones500

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
People that park on the street in front of my house instead of in front of their house.

People who park in the street when there are no vehicles in the driveway and have room to park them. Have one dude who parks so his vehicle is right across the street from my mom's driveway, but in front of his house although down the street so its right near the edge of his property. For about a year their daughter and SIL were living with them and they would park on my mom's side on both sides of her driveway. These streets then become one lane streets. With an elderly mom, she really struggled to leave her driveway let alone look for traffic with these douches loading up around her driveway. They made sure their's was clean so they didn't have any trouble.

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
To add to this, whenever I road trip with my brother or wife there will be dead silence. I'll turn up the radio for a little noise, within seconds of this happening all of the sudden we are now having a conversation. Radio gets turned down, then conversation ends. Radio up, conversation starts. Drives me insane.

My wife does this to, but only when it is a song I really like.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
When the good part in a song comes on and the Navigation lady comes on to tell you that you have to turn in 10 miles. Shut up lady I need about a half mile warning and you just ruined that part of the song. Seems to happen when I listen to Rage Against the Machine and they are getting ready for the raging part.

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
I know reading is hard, but I’ve said in multiple posts that I don’t park myself in the left lane.

If I interpreted your statement:

"but if I’m in the left lane doing 10mph over the limit, no amount of tailgating me or flashing lights will get me to move over. "

incorrectly, I apologize. It left the impression that you stayed in the left hand lane too long.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Encountered this one yesterday.

Drivers who drive in the left lane at speed X while there is no open lane to get around them. When the right lane is clear enough they have no excuse for getting in it they will go X+20 to make sure no one passes them. When they get back to where they are passing again they are travelling at X again.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
People that park on the street in front of my house instead of in front of their house.

Oh my, this x 100. I was just about to add to it until I saw BCClone add it. Not that I'm against this part, but we have neighbors across the street who are a few years out of college. Cars come and go, as well as new people living there. But when there are 4-5 cars lined up along the edge of our property and not a single one in the driveway, that annoys the crap out of us. I get that with a 3 stall garage sometimes it can get tricky pulling out of, but when no one parks in the driveway? Really?

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Encountered this one yesterday.

Drivers who drive in the left lane at speed X while there is no open lane to get around them. When the right lane is clear enough they have no excuse for getting in it they will go X+20 to make sure no one passes them. When they get back to where they are passing again they are travelling at X again.
Nobody told me there’d be algebra

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Corollary to the pet peeve about wives starting serious conversations right before you fall asleep. My wife does it . . . then falls right asleep while I answer . . . and then I can't sleep.

Dated a girl last year who was a fan of this, but with the “What are you thinking about?” question that has no right answer.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Nobody told me there’d be algebra
Just getting the point across without the argument being about speeding/not speeding. I have had people do this at 65 in a 70 and I have had them do it at 55 in 60. I have also had people do it at 75 in a 70 and they will literally kick it up to somewhere over 90 to make sure no one passes them.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston

"but if I’m in the left lane doing 10mph over the limit, no amount of tailgating me or flashing lights will get me to move over. "

incorrectly, I apologize. It left the impression that you stayed in the left hand lane too long.

No worries, my post wasn’t clear and I clarified in later posts

• Agree
Reactions: agcy68

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
When I search for the shoe, it tells me it is 59$ you get there and they are 129$ WTAF is your advertised price?

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I have two bothering me this morning

Mini van's or any cars that drive side by side in the fast and slow lane and have no idea that they are causing people to want to smash into the back of them

People who don't let their sneeze go. I never understood why people hold a sneeze in when it feels so so good to just let it go.

So what do you got?

I haven't added any to this thread...but this got me thinking.....to go with yours....i get irrationally frustrated when someone does let it go and EVERYONE in the room (i'm thinking work setting, etc) feel the need to "bless" them, find tissue, etc.