What is your Pet Peeve

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I have two bothering me this morning

Mini van's or any cars that drive side by side in the fast and slow lane and have no idea that they are causing people to want to smash into the back of them

People who don't let their sneeze go. I never understood why people hold a sneeze in when it feels so so good to just let it go.

So what do you got?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
1) Left lane highway drivers
2) People who block the right turn lane at an intersection on a multi-lane street when they could have gotten into the left lane to go straight. Sometimes it's unavoidable but 98% of them are just unaware, stupid drivers. The line of 20 cars behind them doesn't phase them.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
1) Left lane highway drivers
2) People who block the right turn lane at an intersection on a multi-lane street when they could have gotten into the left lane to go straight. Sometimes it's unavoidable but 98% of them are just unaware, stupid drivers. The line of 20 cars behind them doesn't phase them.

Also, People who don't turn right on red. Why. Just go. It's clear.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
When you are going down a street with lots of stoplights and every time you get a green light and get up to speed the next light turns red while the line of cars behind you is long and there is either 0 or 1 car waiting to go.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
When I'm running on the track and a large group of people are walking very slow taking up all the lanes. Really messes with your mojo. (just had this happen this morning)

People delivering packages placing the package on the first step in the rain instead of by the door under the soffit and stoop where it is dry.

And the biggest one... Tavern Hawks and Hokroaches

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
People (lets be real, women) that ask you if they should go to the bathroom.
You're at a restaurant and getting ready to leave and they say "Should I go to the bathroom here or wait until we get home or go to the next place?"

• Funny
Reactions: chadly82

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
You're at a restaurant and getting ready to leave and they say "Should I go to the bathroom here or wait until we get home or go to the next place?"

I'm 50 and never heard this. Unless it's the squirts. Then we discuss in detail.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
People who don't use turn signals (unsafe and dumb). When a truck passes a truck on the interstate and it takes 30 minutes to complete. People who ask a question only to really use it as a way to tell you what they want you to hear. People who interrupt. People who don't drink a beverage with their meals (one of my best friends does this and it drives me nuts)

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
People who don't use turn signals (unsafe and dumb). When a truck passes a truck on the interstate and it takes 30 minutes to complete. People who ask a question only to really use it as a way to tell you what they want you to hear. People who interrupt. People who don't drink a beverage with their meals (one of my best friends does this and it drives me nuts)

Not even water? I've never seen this. Alien?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm 50 and never heard this. Unless it's the squirts. Then we discuss in detail.
0hfc0popyfpz.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm and Cydkar

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Lately it's been 4 way stops. Apparently they are more difficult than I make them.

Groups that walk 5 wide at the grocery store, mall, aisle, etc. Usually walking slow while I'm trying to get in and out of Target.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Not even water? I've never seen this. Alien?

Yeah I don't get it. I ask him every time how does he cleanse his pallet when he changes foods to eat? Sometimes I yell....sometimes I stare with my mouth open. Other times I just passively dismiss it that he's an idiot....next I'll seek counseling.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Following someone driving slow in the left lane that has ample room to get over. Then once you go to pass them on the right, they speed up so you can't get in front of them. Then they slow back down and drive the same speed as the person next to them and box you in.

Even if I'm driving faster than everyone in the left lane, if someone comes flying up behind me, I make every effort to get over to let them by. I hate having someone driving on my bumper.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

Crap - that's me! I go by the 3 rules of aging:

1.Never turn down a breath mint
2.Never pass up an opportunity to pee
3a.Never let a chubby go to waste
3b. Never trust a fart.