Is Self Done at KU

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
I wonder if Bill Self will become the first coach in collegiate sports history to say they aren't going anywhere, but ends up leaving.
LOL!!! Yeah......of course we can quit talking about self leaving....he made this comment right before the NCAA tournament....he's an honest guy plus the players don't have to worry about him leaving anymore.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I wonder if Bill Self will become the first coach in collegiate sports history to say they aren't going anywhere, but ends up leaving.
He wouldn't even be the first Kansas coach. Roy famously said he "didn't give a bleep about Carolina" only to take the job a few weeks later.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
That's fine we own you in the Tournament and have have a winning record in the last 13. I'll take Toupee Bill.
Cool. Now you just gotta get your players to get motivated to play hard against everyone else so they can finish better than.500 in the Big 12.

ISU gets decimated by injuries and suspensions and goes 4-14 in Big 12 play. Kansas gets decimated by injuries and suspensions and matches ISU's best Big 12 record of 12-6 that they have achieved in this greatest stretch of prolonged success in program history.

Wrap your brain around that. Our worst conference record in 30 seasons just matched ISU's BEST conference performance since 2001. Oh no, poor us. We're spiraling out of control </sarcasm>

I think we will be just fine. Young talent gets older and improves.

• Dumb
Reactions: Bigman38

mullet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 2, 2010
Cool. Now you just gotta get your players to get motivated to play hard against everyone else so they can finish better than.500 in the Big 12.

ISU gets decimated by injuries and suspensions and goes 4-14 in Big 12 play. Kansas gets decimated by injuries and suspensions and matches ISU's best Big 12 record of 12-6 that they have achieved in this greatest stretch of prolonged success in program history.

Wrap your brain around that. Our worst conference record in 30 seasons just matched ISU's BEST conference performance since 2001. Oh no, poor us. We're spiraling out of control </sarcasm>

My god you are insufferable.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Wow you're salty

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Just thought I ought to remind you that your presence here is barely tolerated, so you may want to tone it down.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines

Do you think Wayne Morgan, Greg McDermott, Fred Hoiberg and now Prohm have all been using Adidas dollars to pay for high end recruits? Let's just sweep that tidbit under the rug though. Your fanbase's superiority complex rests upon tenuous ground built of dollars and cents and back room promises made to high end recruits for many years.

Get off our board with this superiority sh*t. You don't see our coaches popping up in federal investigations, texting shady p*mps and getting caught.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

Not so impressive when you have to cheat to accomplish that.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

giphy-downsized-large.gif

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

You sound like a guy that is coming to grips with the fact that even with all your cheating, in your best run in program history, you’re looking up to UConn, Nova, and Florida.

The 14 in a row have proven to be a complete farce and you’re reduced to comparing bottom-out seasons. Well, it’s likely new lows are coming for KU.

JaCyn

Mar 18, 2017

ADIDAS

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA

Excellent use of cherry picking data. You missed the 99-00 season at 14-2
and 00-01 season at 13-2. But hey, you live in a world where your proud to be a staunch supporter of a dirty program. So I guess being selective about what you think is relevant is part of the gig.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Guys guys wait a minute here...KU is a VICTIM in this! They won despite being victimized by unethical people that delivered really good recruits to their pure and perfectly ethical in every way program.

Oh how did random44 put it? <\sarcasm>

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Suck a fat one!!

upload_2019-3-19_10-26-46.png

• Funny
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You sound like a guy that is coming to grips with the fact that even with all your cheating, in your best run in program history, you’re looking up to UConn, Nova, and Florida.

The 14 in a row have proven to be a complete farce and you’re reduced to comparing bottom-out seasons. Well, it’s likely new lows are coming for KU.
I am comparing bottom out seasons because that is what the current season is and yours just happened last year so it fresh I your mind and relevant.

Back on topic, I see no reason for Self to leave. His salary of nearly $5 million a year is topped by only 7 NBA coaches and $5 million a year in Lawrence goes a LOT further than in Chicago.

And why rush off to be the next ex-coach of some NBA trainwreck? Chicago is on their 8th head coach in the 21 years since Jackson left. That's an average of less than 3 years per coach over two decades.

He will weather the storm at Kansas, coach to a ripe old age and retire a legend at one of the greatest programs in the sport.

• Disagree
Reactions: Macloney

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Excellent use of cherry picking data. You missed the 99-00 season at 14-2
and 00-01 season at 13-2. But hey, you live in a world where your proud to be a staunch supporter of a dirty program. So I guess being selective about what you think is relevant is part of the gig.
Hence the use of the phrase "since 2001" in my post.

Jmarsh13

Sep 28, 2006
I could be wrong, but I think the FBI can only bring criminal charges to actors of the crime. I don’t think they have any jurisdiction to actually punish the sport team.
FBI can't bring sanctions down on KU like the NCAA (theoretically) could. But they can dry up the Addidas money and funneling of players...

• Optimistic
Reactions: Halincandenza

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
They are still bluebloods and top notch jobs. I don't care if they have been down for a while. UCLA was in the final four in 2006, 2007, and 2008. They are in better shape now than Kentucky was when Rick Pitino took over.

They play in front of small crowds in a dump arena....UCLA has fallen so far behind UK, KU, Duke, UNC, I'm not sure they should even be mentioned with those bluebloods. They have a nice shiny new practice facility and their name, that's it.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Did Bill Self's son live in the dorm where the underage runaway alleged rape?

Reactions: Macloney