*** Official SELECTION SUNDAY Thread ***

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
You guys love your draw? If you win the first game you get Houston and then Kentucky. That's brutal. Houston is legit.

I agree Houston does look legit. I was impressed looking at their schedule. Figured it had to be weak only losing 3 all year, pretty solid schedule.

• Agree
Reactions: acody

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Agreed -- the I-35 tournament for us.

Ohio State and Houston are not too bad of a first two.

Kentucky and UNC might be the weakest #1 and #2 pairing in the tournament.

Kansas in Kansas City does not scare me.

This is a very good draw for us.
Man, you need to watch more games if you think Carolina and Kentucky might be the weakest 1/2 combo. Gonzaga/Michigan easily win that.

IndyClone15

Jan 28, 2019
Metropolis
I don’t know much about tOSU. I think we win if we play good perimeter defense. Not liking the Houston matchup.

Calling Murray St. for the 5-12 Upset.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Looks like Ohio St's only good wins were in Nov. They have beaten Cincy and Creighton. They did pound Iowa the second time they played in late Feb. I believe we got our swag back

You can kind of throw out their losses to Northwestern, WIsconsin, and Purdue right before the tournament though as Kaleb Wesson was suspended in those games (14.4 points and almost 7 rebounds per game average).

They did pound Iowa at home, but also lost to Illinois, barely beat Penn State at home, lost on the road to Rutgers, barely beat Bucknell at home, etc. I think their best wins were against Cincinnati in the first game of the entire year, and their pounding of Iowa.

Interestingly, they barely out rebounded Illinois in their loss to them not long ago - by 2. Interestingly, we out rebounded them by 12. I'd say though that the Illinois when we played them is not nearly as good as they were lately. Still though.

In Big 10 conference games, they out rebounded their opponent in 11 of 20 matchups

• Agree
Reactions: Go2Guy

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I'm OK with the draw. Tulsa will be an overall positive and if you're a 6 and you win, you generally get a 3. The only 3 that isn't from a P6 is Houston and I'd rather play a non P6 team even if they have 25+ wins. I think they're very good but so are Purdue, LSU and TTU.

And yes, Kentucky probably looms for whoever gets past that game but are there any 2's that we would WANT to see. At that stage, you just hope our guys can get it done with the things they do best.

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
I'll take the 6 and the location. Not bad either way I think. Not sure what to think of Kentucky if we get that far. They have the name, but don't seem to be as dominant this year.
Respectfully disagree. They have the best on ball defender in the nation, or at least one of. They don't shoot a lot of three's, but very dominant down low and you know a lot of depth. That said, Tennessee beat them by shooting from deep so definitely beatable the way Iowa State plays.

• Friendly
Reactions: LindenCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron