*** Official SELECTION SUNDAY Thread ***

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Does the seed we received really outweigh who we are playing AND the excellent home region advantage? Other than Des Moines, could we have gotten any better locations?
TULSA
KANSAS CITY
MINNEAPOLIS

Agreed -- the I-35 tournament for us.

Ohio State and Houston are not too bad of a first two.

Kentucky and UNC might be the weakest #1 and #2 pairing in the tournament.

Kansas in Kansas City does not scare me.

This is a very good draw for us.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Spoiler alert: Duke and North Carolina get into Final Four...again...as always.....TV guys keep talking how great this is....it is the opposite, America hates them and will want to see ANYONE else do well. Hell-- and this is true--I would rather have Iowa get to final four than a blue blood.

When I do my brackets, I heavily weigh record over pedigree or location or conference......and Houston's scares me. I don't care what conference you are in, if you win 30 games, you are tough-as-nails winners (even if you cheat). We can't have ol'e defense team show up for Houston or Ohio State either one.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Looks like Ohio St's only good wins were in Nov. They have beaten Cincy and Creighton. They did pound Iowa the second time they played in late Feb. I believe we got our swag back

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Agreed -- the I-35 tournament for us.

Ohio State and Houston are not too bad of a first two.

Kentucky and UNC might be the weakest #1 and #2 pairing in the tournament.

Kansas in Kansas City does not scare me.

This is a very good draw for us.

I'm from Houston and was hoping we wouldn't get that draw; they are tough at where we are vulnerable. Do not want to play KU for the 4th friggin time.