Subway Etiquette Question

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Should he have to wait in line?

• Yes

Votes: 49 35.5%
  • No

Votes: 91 65.9%

• Total voters

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
BTW, the Chipotle app and pick-up system should be the model. Walking by 40 nerds in line and grabbing food feels like winning.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
The guy shouldn't have shown up during the lunch hour. THAT was bad form for a gift card.

What I hate is the person who shows up and stands there buying 6 different sandos for the rest of the people at the office. FU!!!

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I usually take the L or Green Metrosub Line from Grand and usually walk through the turnstile and stay in line. Green Line ends out in Salisbury Oaks area. Clean, easy, stay in line.

Last edited:

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
What is this two-line business people are talking about? There's one line at Subway. There is no "sandwich line" and "cashier line".

If there's space, and the people ordering sandwiches aren't dicks, he should go to the front. If he wants to make sure, he should tell the first Sandwich Artist that he only wants to buy a gift card. They will usually tell him to go to the front.

I've been to too many Subways.

There’s an “Order Here” line and a “Pay Here” line. Two lines.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Looks like we definitely found a chain that CFers frequent.

Like, once every 6 months I get a craving because the only meat I eat is seafood, so I think “ah, a veggie delite sandwich for lunch would be kind of fresh.” But it never is.

Same with Long John Silver. I’ll get like this uncontrollable urge for it once every two or three years and then I’ll get it and I’ll just hate myself for two straight weeks afterward.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Like, once every 6 months I get a craving because the only meat I eat is seafood, so I think “ah, a veggie delite sandwich for lunch would be kind of fresh.” But it never is.

Same with Long John Silver. I’ll get like this uncontrollable urge for it once every two or three years and then I’ll get it and I’ll just hate myself for two straight weeks afterward.

It's been a long time since Long John Silver for me, but I still hate myself for it. Same with KFC.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Subway.Is.Gross.
Thank goodness for Runza
Product_CREME_1200x1300_Combo_RunzaOrig.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: dosry5

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I had Long John Silvers for the first time a couple months ago. In the top ten worst fast food meals I ever had. It will be a one hit wonder for me. Only good part was it was hooked with a KFC and we could have their sides so the mashed potatoes were edible.

• Disagree
Reactions: wonkadog

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012

The worst is Red Lobster. The food they actually serve is nothing like what they show on their commercials. I don't eat there anymore.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I've seen a shocking number of people at Subway get EVERYTHING. Even every sauce, like 9 sauces or however many they have. The product they end up with must end up being similar to the taste of the bottom of a garbage dumpster.

Nobody should ever have to see that or wait in line behind that, even other people ordering sandwiches should be allowed to move in front of those people.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor

It's been at least 25 years since I've eaten at LJS, and I still feel dirty about it.

• Agree
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The damn old POS should be polite and ask every mother****** in the damn line if it OK if he butts in line to get a f'n giftcard.

If he doesn't do that, kick his a## seabass!! But do it in a quite calm nurturing environment.