Subway Etiquette Question

Should he have to wait in line?

• Yes

Votes: 49 35.5%
  • No

Votes: 91 65.9%

• Total voters

Aug 26, 2014
This feels like it should be an episode of Seinfeld or Curb Your Enthusiasm. For the record, he should only have to stand behind someone in line at the cashier, not the sandwich line.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I thought this thread was going to provide a great way for me to tell the story about the old Asian guy who urinated just a few feet away from me in the corner of the El one morning on my way to work when I lived in Chicago. Different subway etiquette.
I thought it'd be about having a seat offered to you because you have gray hair (David Sedaris reference...).

I must hand it to Chicago's subway...I've been on the NYC subway a couple dozen times and never saw a monster rat like the one I once saw in ChiTown.

LincolnSwinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 10, 2008
I thought this thread was going to provide a great way for me to tell the story about the old Asian guy who urinated just a few feet away from me in the corner of the El one morning on my way to work when I lived in Chicago. Different subway etiquette.
Did he wash his hands after? If so....he's good.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
They sell Subway gift cards at every gas station, grocery store, walmart, target, etc. there is. He should go to one of those places.
Agreed, this dude clearly didn't realize that Subway is the last place to get a Subway gift card.

But if he's old and not cutting in the sandwich line to get a sandwich I say have some patience with the guy.

This sort of just happened to me...dude came in for a pre-order and picked it up as we were getting to the cashier at the same time. But his stuff was ready to go so I didn't beat his f*cking a** for cutting...

• Dislike
Reactions: CyclonePigskin

CyclonePigskin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 28, 2010
DSM
Old guy should have done his errand at a time when Subway wasn’t busy. Wait in line.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
You can pass people in the sandwhich line though, if my sandwhich is done i'm not waiting on the guy getting 20 different toppings and toasting his.

NO reason for that many toppings either. At that point you can't even taste the meat anymore

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
If you walk into Subway and someone is in the middle of ordering 17 subs while the other employee starts helping you are you going to wait until the person ahead of you is finished before paying?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
If you walk into Subway and someone is in the middle of ordering 17 subs while the other employee starts helping you are you going to wait until the person ahead of you is finished before paying?

Probably going to punch that person, grab some deli meats, and run out the door.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Not with the other employee ushering you forward. I think you're fine to jump in line if the employee tells you to. My issue is just walking by people who are waiting in line without any prompting.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
What is this two-line business people are talking about? There's one line at Subway. There is no "sandwich line" and "cashier line".

If there's space, and the people ordering sandwiches aren't dicks, he should go to the front. If he wants to make sure, he should tell the first Sandwich Artist that he only wants to buy a gift card. They will usually tell him to go to the front.

I've been to too many Subways.

• Agree
Reactions: Clonefan32 and Doc

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
So I was at Subway with a friend today over lunch. The was probably a good 6-7 people waiting to order with 3-4 people being in the process of ordering. An older gentleman arrives and bypasses the line and goes directly to the cashier and orders a gift card.

I think he should have to wait in line. There's several people trying to get through and order a gift card takes time and delays the line. My friend says the point of the line is to order a sandwich, and since he didn't order a sandwich he shouldn't have to wait in line.

So I leave it to the good people of Cyclone Fanatic to solve this debate.

That's worth a ******* throat punch

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
What about this one? We were in line for a pre-game event at an NBA game 2 weeks ago and the people in front of us had friends meet them and join them in line. So they just cut 20 people. A few minutes later a guy walking by recognizes the guy in front of us from college (older than me, had to be from more than 20 years ago) and after introducing him and his friend to his wife and the other friends they continue to talk until the line starts moving and then join them. So they just cut 50 people.

I thought it was classless, but at this point I don't really expect too much from people.

Help Support Us

Become a patron