Seneca Wallace's Wingstop

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
BWW is very overrated. It seems like every time I go with a group at least 1 person's order is ****** up.

I've always liked BWW but have never thought it was great. When my ex was pregnant she craved it all the time so I went there a lot about 5 years ago. Worse things she could have craved IMO.

However I have noticed a HUGE drop in service the last couple of years. The last three times I have been they have screwed up the order and there have been very long waits for food even though it wasn't that busy. This was at multiple locations too. It's been so ridiculously bad I don't think I'm ever going back. Bring on Wingstop I say.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Wingstop is cheaper than BWW. There is one in Kansa City. Its been a while, but for $10-12, you can get 12 wings, fries, and a drink.

Yes but will it take 45 minutes to get your order, and you just hope it's correct? With an inattentive and disinterested waitress???

Otherwise BWW still has the market corned.
vauEUgn.gif

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't hate BWW. Is $10 really considered expensive for a meal?

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't hate BWW. Is $10 really considered expensive for a meal?

The snack size is $9.79 before tax. And that's fine, if I really need to stay under $10, I can drink water-- but if I'm going to BW3, I'm having a beer.

I guess I'm just saying that I think a $10 dinner per person is a rare bird at BW3.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Depends what you get I guess and how much you get for $10.

I don't hate BWW, but my wife refuses to eat there. We'll see what she thinks of Wing Stop.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The snack size is $9.79 before tax. And that's fine, if I really need to stay under $10, I can drink water-- but if I'm going to BW3, I'm having a beer.

I guess I'm just saying that I think a $10 dinner per person is a rare bird at BW3.

They serve rare chicken wings? Ew

• Agree
Reactions: harimad

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

No, but I'm not sure where you're getting a $10 meal at BWW if you're ordering wings.

To get 10-12 wings, alone, is in the $15 range. And there's no drink or side included in that. That's just the wings. Add fries and a pop and you're at $20, do a beer instead of a pop and you're north of that.

$20 is what you pay for a nice meal, not wings, fries, and beer.

• Agree
Reactions: C.John and harimad

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

By the time they get you they are cold. Last couple of times I have been there, son loves the boneless wings, I usually get the chicken sandwich. By the time it get to the table it is cold along with the fries.

The must have cornered the market on cornish game hens as that is the what the size of there wings are anymore!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This is the problem I have with our local BWW. They are either undercooked so I am worried I'm going to end up with salmonella or so tough they taste like they have been sitting under a warmer all afternoon. And I am far, far, far from a picky eater.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
This is the problem I have with our local BWW. They are either undercooked so I am worried I'm going to end up with salmonella or so tough they taste like they have been sitting under a warmer all afternoon. And I am far, far, far from a picky eater.

Somebody missed my pun from Harimads post But I agree, undercooked chicken is just nasty.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
BWW is obviously doing something right.

i.e.…marketing, location, deep pockets

IMO…if you are out of town and looking to watch a game and/or get wings and have no inside info on local joints you can count on, BWW is a solid option. This is what I do.

If you’re in your hometown, I’m not sure why you are going to BWW.

I’m looking forward to Wing Stop when it opens on Merle Hay. I appreciate Seneca coming back to Central Iowa to invest his money on a venture and while I’ve never been to a Wing Stop, I’m hoping it is a nice option to hit periodically.

• Agree
Reactions: johnstoncy

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
No, but I'm not sure where you're getting a $10 meal at BWW if you're ordering wings.

To get 10-12 wings, alone, is in the $15 range. And there's no drink or side included in that. That's just the wings. Add fries and a pop and you're at $20, do a beer instead of a pop and you're north of that.

$20 is what you pay for a nice meal, not wings, fries, and beer.

9 wings are $11

A 22oz Laginutias IPA is $6.75, which is a pretty normal price for this type of place. BMC is $4 for a pint.

You add beer to any place and it usually brings the tab up to $20.

I'm not saying it's the greatest food in the world but IMO there isn't that large of difference in wings compared to something like pizza or burgers. The sauce is key and BWW has a lot of great sauce choices. With that said, I'm trying to watch what I eat so I never go to BWW anymore since wings are pretty much horrible for you.