CF Pickup Basketball

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I’d be in when I could make it around work and the kiddos schedule. I’m in Ankeny.

Fair warning, I am also out of shape.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I would definitely be down for that. Looking to play some pickup ball. It's about the only time I get super winded and not hate my life from exercising.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I would definitely be down for that. Looking to play some pickup ball. It's about the only time I get super winded and not hate my life from exercising.

I will need an oxygen tank and possibly a lung transplant after we play, but I still want to play.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Really? Are Methodists' good at basketball?
The Methodists are just the host. The players can be anybody. I see the same thing at the church I play at... Some nights, some darned good players show up who don't necessarily belong to the church (I don't, either).

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The Methodists are just the host. The players can be anybody. I see the same thing at the church I play at... Some nights, some darned good players show up who don't necessarily belong to the church (I don't, either).

I was just joking around. Ideally we could find a place that's so dead that we could play 5 on 5 with just CF people, but that might not be possible until it's nice enough to play outside.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I was just joking around. Ideally we could find a place that's so dead that we could play 5 on 5 with just CF people, but that might not be possible until it's nice enough to play outside.
I'll beat the Pioneer Columbus drum again. The place has two separate gyms and is kinda in a weird part of town, as well as simply not being a popular location.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'll beat the Pioneer Columbus drum again. The place has two separate gyms and is kinda in a weird part of town, as well as simply not being a popular location.

We could try either or both. Whichever one works out better can be a regular spot.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Damn, it's really been 5+ years since this thread was created? That's crazy.

I was the old man on the court and you youngin's were still living the college life. Now everyone is out of school on to good jobs and now even married in your case. And I'm just even more older. :(

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I suggest just 10 CFers play, 4v4 works also.

Played against some try hards who were pressing our CF team. Not wanting to do that again,

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I was the old man on the court and you youngin's were still living the college life. Now everyone is out of school on to good jobs and now even married in your case. And I'm just even more older. :(

I think I'm still older than you. Can't remember. I know @CRAZYGREG is a little older than me though!

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I suggest just 10 CFers play, 4v4 works also.

Played against some try hards who were pressing our CF team. Not wanting to do that again,

The worst is when try-hards talk smack.

You know what, we're playing for fun. We don't have regular practices or effing plays written up. **** off!

• Agree
Reactions: MeowingCows

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
The worst is when try-hards talk smack.

You know what, we're playing for fun. We don't have regular practices or effing plays written up. **** off!
I’ve played in a couple games where people were smack talking me when I was with CFers. I pushed one guy because he was pissing me off.

People knows it takes a lot for me to do something like that.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I’ve played in a couple games where people were smack talking me when I was with CFers. I pushed one guy because he was pissing me off.

People knows it takes a lot for me to do something like that.

Yep. I know I suck at basketball. No one has to tell me that. But I'm having fun with my friends.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I play at Lifetime Saturday mornings, I'll be there tomorrow but always open to play more often.