CF Pickup Basketball

VWClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 1, 2017
So I went to Ankeny Methodist this morning and there was not a single person in the building. I'm not sure if they've cancelled it or what...
Could you still get in? Or were the doors locked? That sounds ideal. How were the facilities l?

VWClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 1, 2017
Well the church was open, but the room that I assume was the gym was locked. Was super sketchy wandering around a dimly lit church with nobody there.
Looked at the website again. There is the church on walnut st. But there is also the Christian life center on NE 36th. I think the open gym is at the Christian life center. Is that where you were? If so then we might have to find a different location.

azhuth09

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 6, 2012
Des Moines, IA
Looked at the website again. There is the church on walnut st. But there is also the Christian life center on NE 36th. I think the open gym is at the Christian life center. Is that where you were? If so then we might have to find a different location.

Well son of a ***** don't I feel like an idiot... I'll blame it on not being a morning person, but I was definitely in the wrong place.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'd be in for some periodic pickup. I'm in Ankeny.

Somersby Park has a nice outdoor court too that would be an option. Across the street from dmacc.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
So I went to Ankeny Methodist this morning and there was not a single person in the building. I'm not sure if they've cancelled it or what...

I had something come up this morning and couldn’t make it. I’m gonna try next time but thanks for the info. I would have ended up at the main church as well.

azhuth09

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 6, 2012
Des Moines, IA
Anybody up for playing tonight? I'm going to try out the Tuesday night open gym at Ankeny Methodist at 7:30. Hopefully be more successful this time around.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
That sounds made up, but we could hit up Thunderhead after a pickup game for a brew.
Not made up. I mean I could be wrong about you owing me a beer, but it's not completely made up. I think it had something to do with you being in town at some point and not letting us know so we could hang out.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Anybody up for playing tonight? I'm going to try out the Tuesday night open gym at Ankeny Methodist at 7:30. Hopefully be more successful this time around.

I'd potentially be interested. What was it like last time?

Second thought, I really want to start doing this, but my ankle has been bothering me a bit and am heading out to Utah skiing in a week or so. With my luck I'd roll it. When I get back, I'm definitely down.

azhuth09

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 6, 2012
Des Moines, IA
I'd potentially be interested. What was it like last time?

Second thought, I really want to start doing this, but my ankle has been bothering me a bit and am heading out to Utah skiing in a week or so. With my luck I'd roll it. When I get back, I'm definitely down.

This will be the first time going to it. I tried to go to the Saturday morning one, but didn't realize they have two different churches in Ankeny.

• Informative
Reactions: mj4cy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
This will be the first time going to it. I tried to go to the Saturday morning one, but didn't realize they have two different churches in Ankeny.

Yeah I only really know much about their uptown location as I play drumset for them about once every month or two when they need someone.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Did anyone check out any locations over the weekend?
I looked into Pinoeer Columbus. They do open gym each weekday (no weekends) until 7:45PM, $1 cost to get in. That's what their website says, at least.

Cheap to get in, early closing time, though.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
I looked into Pinoeer Columbus. They do open gym each weekday (no weekends) until 7:45PM, $1 cost to get in. That's what their website says, at least.

Cheap to get in, early closing time, though.

If we planned on people arriving from 5:30-6 that's still about 2 hours worth of games. You young bucks might be good enough shape to run for 2 straight hours but us old guys most likely aren't!