Friday OT#2: Not Dying in 2018

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Since Boxster has one end of the spectrum covered, I'll offer up another alternative.

What do you have planned for 2018? Not necessarily New Years Resolutions-wise, but do you have any big plans for this year? New house? New job? Getting married? Getting divorced? Graduating? New kid? Travel? Planning on eating an entire package of oreos in one sitting?

Reactions: Angie

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Due to water damage, we are going to have some work done on the house including building a new deck. So I plan to spend some money on that this spring.

My wife wants me to knock her up again this summer, which I'm not sure we can handle. So we'll see how that works out. I'm a bit worried about having two so close, but she seems to think it's a great idea.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Due to water damage, we are going to have some work done on the house including building a new deck. So I plan to spend some money on that this spring.

My wife wants me to knock her up again this summer, which I'm not sure we can handle. So we'll see how that works out. I'm a bit worried about having two so close, but she seems to think it's a great idea.

Lol. Forgot about that part along with getting married. My other is 5 though so they’re not too close. She decided this was more important than a long honeymoon I think. We’ll probably still go somewhere just not what we planned on originally.

Im also planning on doubling the size of our deck and building an outdoor entertainment type area, tearing out and renovating the other two bathrooms and maybe doing floors on the main level of our house. Im trying to pack as much of this stuff in as possible before another kiddo.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Nice! Have you been before? My wife and I did our honeymoon there 3 years ago. It was amazing.
I've never been to any part of Hawai'i. We've been looking into including Oahu in our trip, but haven't made that commitment yet. This has been a longstanding promise to ourselves that if the Cyclones ever made it to Maui, we'd get there too.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

How many kids do you have now - just one? How close would they be in age? How many do you and your wife ultimately want to have?

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Becoming a homeowner in a few weeks. Starting a new adventure with work.
Not dying.

5-year-plan.gif

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I've never been to any part of Hawai'i. We've been looking into including Oahu in our trip, but haven't made that commitment yet. This has been a longstanding promise to ourselves that if the Cyclones ever made it to Maui, we'd get there too.

Oahu was fun. My wife and I spent a day there to see Pearl Harbor. Coincidentally, we were there on the 4th of July. It was pretty neat.

Kauai is amazing and was the highlight of our trip. It's very secluded and less populated. And absolutely beautiful. There is a reason they call it the garden island.

Maui is really nice too. Great beaches.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I know you're getting up there in age, but your recovery time should be better than that.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Oahu was fun. My wife and I spent a day there to see Pearl Harbor. Coincidentally, we were there on the 4th of July. It was pretty neat.

Kauai is amazing and was the highlight of our trip. It's very secluded and less populated. And absolutely beautiful. There is a reason they call it the garden island.

Maui is really nice too. Great beaches.
At my age & circumference, beaches are not the draw they once were. ;) I WOULD like to visit Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona memorial. It's a question of inter-island transport. I'm probably going to visit with a travel agent for this one because I haven't been able to garner enough info online.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
At my age & circumference, beaches are not the draw they once were. ;) I WOULD like to visit Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona memorial. It's a question of inter-island transport. I'm probably going to visit with a travel agent for this one because I haven't been able to garner enough info online.

We used a travel agent for that very reason. All the logistics seemed daunting.

The inter-island flights are quick and easy. They don't take up much of your day and all the airports are really tiny so there are practically no TSA lines.