Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Maui in November. :cool:
giphy.gif

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I am going to go with not dying as #1. Per S.S. actuary tables I have a 98.3% chance of not dying this year.

#2, I want to find a travel mate, preferably one that isn't a homicidal maniac, See #1.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Beat Super Mario Odyssey. Grow my own marijuana . Figure out how to make Fanduel NBA a profitable venture. Make no more jokes about forbidden subjects in the cave. Go to Maui and meet @ImJustKCClone :)

I accomplished this on Tuesday, but still have so many moons to collect. There really is a great endgame that plays out after Bowser.

I have an sizable greenhouse set up in my basement that I use to grow all my garden veggies, flower box annuals, and some perennials. I am anxiously awaiting legalization here in Iowa, so I can grow a new crop in my garden.

Reactions: Doc

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Since Boxster has one end of the spectrum covered, I'll offer up another alternative.

What do you have planned for 2018? Not necessarily New Years Resolutions-wise, but do you have any big plans for this year? New house? New job? Getting married? Getting divorced? Graduating? New kid? Travel? Planning on eating an entire package of oreos in one sitting?

Gonna try skiing in Utah for the first time. Other than that, basically just keeping kids alive and aging!

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Only sixteen years after getting my undergrad, I've decided that with a wife and two small children now is the perfect time to go to grad school. Piece of cake.

Starting grad school this year! It's fun to start something new and have something to keep me inline.

I DID have an idea to ice fish this year...then I went outside. So my goal is to wish for 34 degrees, sunny, no wind, and I'll think about it. :)

I'd like to camp more this year as well.

Not a NY resolution as I think one should work to improve at all times, I also started a membership at Planet Fitness to keep a better fitness foundation. It's a little weird there but $10/month works for me.

Reactions: jbindm

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Since Boxster has one end of the spectrum covered, I'll offer up another alternative.

What do you have planned for 2018? Not necessarily New Years Resolutions-wise, but do you have any big plans for this year? New house? New job? Getting married? Getting divorced? Graduating? New kid? Travel? Planning on eating an entire package of oreos in one sitting?
Get in great shape. Last year I worked my ass off and never had energy to workout, to go along with a shoulder problem. I need to workout a ton because I feel like ****.

Also, drink more water/less soda.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Due to water damage, we are going to have some work done on the house including building a new deck. So I plan to spend some money on that this spring.

My wife wants me to knock her up again this summer, which I'm not sure we can handle. So we'll see how that works out. I'm a bit worried about having two so close, but she seems to think it's a great idea.

If it's the actual knocking up part that is daunting for you, PM me a couple photos of the misses and I may be able to help with that.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
How many kids do you have now - just one? How close would they be in age? How many do you and your wife ultimately want to have?

I know you're getting up there in age, but your recovery time should be better than that.

If it's the actual knocking up part that is daunting for you, PM me a couple photos of the misses and I may be able to help with that.

I anticipated this kind of response. Thanks for all your "friendly" concerns. The conception is not my concern here. Practice has remained quite entertaining.

I am 38 and my wife is 31, so practice is quite fun actually.
I have a 10 year old boy and 8 year old boy from my first marriage, but according to my wife, they don't count towards her total!
We just had our first boy together in August of 2016.

The main goal for the missus is to try for the elusive Hopp girl. I have one nephew and my three boys, so the rest of my family and her family all want to buy pick crap.

Mrs HipHopp assures me that if we get a 4th boy that she will quit while she's behind. I am skeptical.
She is thinking that if I "make the deposit" this spring, that our youngest will be 2.5 by the time little sibling is born. "That should be plenty of space between kids" she says. I am not sure. Owen is a handful right now at 16 months. He's going to be easier to handle in 16 more months?

My main concerns are:
Getting a 4th boy and her still not being happy
Having room in our house for 4 kids. There is a bonus room in the basement that we could have our oldest go to, but I don't know if he'll be ready/mature enough to move to the basement.
Being able to afford expenses for another kid. It wont be terrible, but still. Kids cost money.

I am mostly just being the conservative one in the house since she's still got the baby fever. I love all of our kids, and I'm not opposed to having another kid if the time is right and we can handle it. I'm just not as sure as she is that we can hack it as soon as the spring of 2019.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Hoping to NOT spend much more money on our house. In the last 18 months we've put in:

New windows, new roof, new central air/air exchange, new boiler, new dishwasher, upgraded some lighting, and worked on the septic. Ah, the joys of home ownership.

• Agree
Reactions: Farnsworth

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Hoping to NOT spend much more money on our house. In the last 18 months we've put in:

New windows, new roof, new central air/air exchange, new boiler, new dishwasher, upgraded some lighting, and worked on the septic. Ah, the joys of home ownership.

Yikes.
We've spent/will spend more than I want to on the house as well lately. We bought new sliding doors which we desperately needed, but uncovered water damage in the house from when the deck was installed. So that's going to be an investment.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Woof, that's a helluva list.

If we did that, my wife would inevitably follow it up with, "You know, I think I'm ready to move."

Then I'd have to kill her and write about it in the other OT thread.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyhiphopp

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I plan to spend a lot of money in 2018. Or need to. :confused:

New driveway, new kitchen counters/cabs/floors depending. Should do a bathroom or two. And that's just the start of things :eek:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron