Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
In a way I'm glad work ran long. I think I would have been way more upset watching that screw job live.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Kinda envisioned Cowgirls return more like this...

17814986.gif

• Funny
Reactions: cowgirl836

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
tenor.gif

did get real tear tattoos, only stripped a tiny bit, and am now practically beef jerky I'm so tough from my time on the inside (the outside?).

Side note, if you indicate someone is a "whack job" when said person is clearly a whack job, you will get a timeout. Interestingly, I noted a few other posts that break the new rules (from both sides) who did not get edited. But as I am turning over a new leaf in my rehabilitation, I will not pettily report said posts.

“A tiny bit.” ;)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Thankfully got out of the stadium quickly before jacking one of those rear end Kstate fans, especially the ones behind us. Hopefully 8 made it out fine.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Thankfully got out of the stadium quickly before jacking one of those rear end Kstate fans, especially the ones behind us. Hopefully 8 made it out fine.
Stuck in line I heard KState fans talking about the refs screwing them.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
-Random thought-
There's so many shows involved music like the voice, american idol etc... has anyone actually had success after winning one of those shows? I feel like everyone forgets about them when the shows over, but I guess I wouldn't really no because I don't listen to pop music. Also why don't they do hip hop in these shows? Hip hop is the most popular genre currently
A few of the early ones like Kelly Clarkson have. Most just fall into the heap of "former American Idol winners" These shows are just glorified Karaoke contests

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Carrie Underwood. I know you don't like country, but she's pretty dang good.

Miranda Lambert actually came up through something like Nashville Star - didn't win, which goes to Chaser's point.

Jennifer Hudson, Jordin Sparks would be some others.

And apparently One Direction came through the UK version of the X Factor.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Today’s whining comes courtesy of my dad. He has been searching for a new job to get out of his longtime toxic employer for some time now. What I feel is the perfect position for him with my employer where he has connections, the experience and skill set. I told him about it and told him to contact his connections and apply on Monday. He still has not applied and now the req has been taken down. So frustrating trying to help people when they don’t listen.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Today’s whining comes courtesy of my dad. He has been searching for a new job to get out of his longtime toxic employer for some time now. What I feel is the perfect position for him with my employer where he has connections, the experience and skill set. I told him about it and told him to contact his connections and apply on Monday. He still has not applied and now the req has been taken down. So frustrating trying to help people when they don’t listen.

next time he complains about his job say you don't want to hear it. People who want to whine about **** but not actually do anything to help their situation - nope.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Does not sound like he is "searching" very hard. Something something horse something something water.

I have kinda given up on offering to help people other than a couple long time friends who I share house taskings help with on occasion. Neighbor behind me has a short drive, maybe 12 feet from the alley to his garage. It's a concrete brick drive that the previous owner had laid himself. It's sunk at the garage so it's like a 6"" lip/curb he and his wife have to force their car up and over. This is going on like two years. It's ridiculous watching them in the winter with slippery driveway gunning it to pop that "curb". I have offered several times to help him fix it. I've laid walks/driveways before, we would just need to pull up the bricks for about four feet, place and level some fill and replace/vibrate = easy. "Dude, I'll help you fix this. Won't take but an afternoon. Just rent a vibrator and buy some gravel and sand bags. Your girls can help lay the blocks back." Guys an engineer, it's not like he cannot do this. Response to my free help and expertise = nada. Winter three coming for me watching his wife get frustrated with the "curb". Weird, maybe he thinks he would "owe" me or something but I actually enjoy these kind of little projects. BTW, the fact that this is a nice architect remodeled house just makes it weirder that they put up with this.

Reactions: wxman1

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
If Surly ******* opens his mouth and mentions this game I will get myself banned attacking him. I will then track him down in real life with a baseball bat (in my mind).

Side note, if you indicate someone is a "whack job" when said person is clearly a whack job, you will get a timeout. Interestingly, I noted a few other posts that break the new rules (from both sides) who did not get edited. But as I am turning over a new leaf in my rehabilitation, I will not pettily report said posts.

I'm testing your whackjob hypothesis, CG. We'll see if I get a little vaca from RTT.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Miranda Lambert actually came up through something like Nashville Star - didn't win, which goes to Chaser's point.

Jennifer Hudson, Jordin Sparks would be some others.

And apparently One Direction came through the UK version of the X Factor.
iirc they performed separately & Simon told them to sing together. I may be wrong about that one though.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836
Status
Not open for further replies.