Brian Peavy in jail

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Well isn’t this great. Highly doubt he will be back for the bowl game.

lol, he probably won't play against K-State (or will at least sit a while) but there's no way he isn't back for a bowl. On the scale of breaking the law this is lower than a public intox. He was probably a dumbass and broke something but this isn't something you kick somebody off the team over.

As somebody said "interference with official acts" is a catchall for "you annoyed a cop" and that'll probably be dropped because there's nothing behind it. He'll pay a fine, learn a lesson, and move on.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It might not in the Student Code of Conduct, but CMC could still level his own punishment by not letting him start, or not play the 1st quarter, or something.

CMC always talks about his high level of expectations on and off the field for his players, but that kind of rings hollow a bit if he doesn't follow through.

There are certainly other ways to punish players if necessary than game suspensions.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
jux_will_smith.jpg

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I mean Williams to quoting a source close to the situation....

And give me a break on the rings hollow, this is minor. Sit him a quarter and move on.

Did you not read what CW just posted? He's expected to FULLY participate in the KSU game. So that means no missed time at all. IMO, he should at least not start the game and miss something, even if it's just the first defensive series for ISU. That was all I was saying. And then you reply to me by saying... "... give me a break on the rings hollow, this is minor. Sit him a quarter and move on." So you're asking for a greater punishment than even I was suggesting.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
doesn't sound too serious, so that is all that matters to me. I agree with others that he probably will be sitting for some of the game, or maybe Campbell has some other punishment in mind.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: aauummm and Morty52

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
They had eight cop cars for this. they are lucky they are in Ames, IA because I'm sure things like this lead to a LOT worse outcomes all the time.

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
Ames on holiday breaks away from family was pretty boring if I remember correctly. You had to create your fun.

As long he was reasonably cooperative with police officers then I don’t see the big fuss.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
Ames on holiday breaks away from family was pretty boring if I remember correctly. You had to create your fun.

As long he was reasonably cooperative with police officers then I don’t see the big fuss.

They did charge him with interference with official acts (but still providing reasonable cooperation)..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron