*New Uniform Thread*

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I was okay with the red/white stencil logo and white facemasks.

The complete lack of gold -- why no gold in the center stripe of the helmet? -- was a little jarring, though, given the gold on the pants and the jerseys.

Looked like a helmet from a completely different uniform set.

We are cardinal and gold. Not all-white with a little bit of red.

Kind of sad to see our gold uniform elements de-emphasized (it is just as much a school color as cardinal) by mothballing the gold pants, never using the gold alternative tops, which I love if only for their connotations with the basketball teams and that look, and this creeping trendy-but-ugly-though-someday-we-will-regret-this black and gray stuff.

Phasing back the gold is necessary with that black/gray push, though, because otherwise you look like Iowa, which is maybe the worst thing about it.
I wouldn't expect gold to actually be "phased out". I just think that it was something different to try.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Here's an alternate 'alternate', haha. As others have said, with the gray we used against Iowa, it is indeed very hard to clearly see the player's number. Gold numbers might be better. Personally, I like the gray alternates either way. These are w cardinal chrome helmets, stencil logo, but similar, to get the idea.
Cy Uniforms 2017  f24a - r g g  Chrome hel Yel num.jpg Cy Uniforms 2017  f23a - r g g  .jpg
Here's what it might look like w gold helmet, 2 red stripes...
Cy Uniforms 2017  f22a - y g g  Yel num Swirl hel w 2 red stripes.jpg

Reactions: BeneventiCy28

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
These new uniforms are absolutely the ugliest uniforms in college football today. I thought our school colors were Cardinal and Gold. It's hard to keep up with what our colors as they keep changing. McCarney wanted to add blue, know the predominant color is a charcoal grey. I loved the uniforms from a couple of years ago. It also appears that our school log has changed again, referring to the logo on the white helmets. Even the red color is not the school sanctioned color of cardinal; it’s more of a bright red like Nebraska. It seems like ISU is never satisfied with their school colors, logo, etc. It’s really hard to get behind a team that the school can’t decide on a logo, colors or a uniform. Maybe that is why other schools support their teams so well, because they can identify with their schools identity. Iowa State does not have an identity that we can identify with. I expect a lot of negative criticism from this post.

Get off my lawn!

But seriously, go away.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
These new uniforms are absolutely the ugliest uniforms in college football today. I thought our school colors were Cardinal and Gold. It's hard to keep up with what our colors as they keep changing. McCarney wanted to add blue, know the predominant color is a charcoal grey. I loved the uniforms from a couple of years ago. It also appears that our school log has changed again, referring to the logo on the white helmets. Even the red color is not the school sanctioned color of cardinal; it’s more of a bright red like Nebraska. It seems like ISU is never satisfied with their school colors, logo, etc. It’s really hard to get behind a team that the school can’t decide on a logo, colors or a uniform. Maybe that is why other schools support their teams so well, because they can identify with their schools identity. Iowa State does not have an identity that we can identify with. I expect a lot of negative criticism from this post.

What the hell you smokin? You think these recruits on social media post themselves wearing equip,met on visits because it fits well?? No, because it looks good.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I want to see the same one-color helmet logo as vs Akron, but on a black helmet. Then basically the gray jersey and pants with everything the same, except change everything gray to black.

Put those on the field next Thursday night vs. Texas.

• Dislike
Reactions: Sigmapolis

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
I want to see the same one-color helmet logo as vs Akron, but on a black helmet. Then basically the gray jersey and pants with everything the same, except change everything gray to black.

Put those on the field next Thursday night vs. Texas.
I am getting the feeling that we will see a stencil logo on a yellow/gold helmet for UT. Just guessing tho... Gold pants, Red shirt and gold helmets

• Optimistic
Reactions: CYCLNST8

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I am getting the feeling that we will see a stencil logo on a yellow/gold helmet for UT. Just guessing tho... Gold pants, Red shirt and gold helmets
No I-State stencil here but, gold/cardinal/gold, true gold stripes, 2 alt logos I'd love to see...
Cy Uniforms 2017  h2a - y r y  Swirl hel w true gold str Gold trim Upd num Wh let New pant str.jpg Cy Uniforms 2017  h2a - y r y  WalkCy hel w true gold str Gold trim Upd num Wh let New pant str.jpg

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Have to disagree with one. The players have no say in what their uniforms should be. Color or style. They should be proud of being a cyclone and wearing the cardinal and gold period. Do you think any top ten school would let their players pick out new uniforms each year.

This post makes me think you havent followed college football in the past 10 years. lots of top 25 schools have alt unis. I can only think of 2 that dont. Also, this goes without saying but the players arent designing the uniforms. And get used to it, Campbell had like 50 different uniform/logo/color cobos at his previous job. Its what the staff/players like and thats all that matters.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
This post makes me think you havent followed college football in the past 10 years. lots of top 25 schools have alt unis. I can only think of 2 that dont. Also, this goes without saying but the players arent designing the uniforms. And get used to it, Campbell had like 50 different uniform/logo/color cobos at his previous job. Its what the staff/players like and thats all that matters.

Agreed. Personally I didn't care when we didn't have them and I don't care that we do have them. If that's what the coaching staff and the players want, let them do it. Who gives a crap?