RECRUITING: Darius McNeill status

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
We don't have to act like it's a huge loss. It's just petty to act like he can't hack it in the Big 12 simply because he chose to go to another school, no matter how sleazy it appears to be (and I agree that there was almost certainly foul play going on here).

If you base your decision of not wanting him based on his character, that's fine, do whatever you want. Him deciding not to address Prohm like a man is very childish, so if that's your reasoning, I have no problem with that. But that's not what your first post was about. His talent/size wasn't an issue until he decided to leave, and that, to me, is petty.

His talent and ability to compete at this level is TBD at this point so neither one of us can win this debate. I do agree its very childish and even sketchy at this point in the way this whole thing has transpired.

Guys like Custer and SDW I like to follow to see how they are doing at new schools. There is a huge difference between guys like that who put in their time here but for whatever reason it wasnt working out and guys like McNeil who a prima donna crybabies who have to run and hide behind mommy. Not to mention the fact he walked all over Coach Prohm and our coaching staff.

Needless to say I probably wont be checking in on him to see if hes playing well out at Cal in the near future. Or if I do, Ill take pleasure in seeing him ride the pine in front of about 4,000 fans.

• Informative
Reactions: fenton06

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
I think there's a difference between saying we didn't want him because he's not a Big 12 talent (dumb) and we don't want him because he wasn't mature enough to speak directly to the coach that he at one point pledged to spend 4 years under.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I won't put it all on the young man though. I am guessing he had AAU dudes and the new school that recruited him away telling him "Don't talk with ISU except for your mom to get the paperwork stuff done." Less risk of him getting talked out of it.

This is a plausible explanation, but it makes too much sense for the "let's trash on anyone who doesn't come here" bunch.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
This is a plausible explanation, but it makes too much sense for the "let's trash on anyone who doesn't come here" bunch.
I'm over this situation, have been for a while. But the one thing that annoyed me about it was how he DM'd one of our fans that he had been talking with and basically said "they know what they did" "You'll have to ask them what happened"

Don't know why a kid would respond like that, but if he wasn't BS'ing I hope we find out what the actual reasoning was. That was the only thing that really irked me

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

I would have preferred him to call and talk personally but it's the era where people breakup via texts rather than talk in person. :rolleyes:

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I would have preferred him to call and talk personally but it's the era where people breakup via texts rather than talk in person. :rolleyes:
Show me the ******* loser who would ever break up via text! Oh wait....

mcilroy-rory080515-getty-ftrjpg_1h6qaqn529o9l192dog6frrt9l.jpg

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I'm over this situation, have been for a while. But the one thing that annoyed me about it was how he DM'd one of our fans that he had been talking with and basically said "they know what they did" "You'll have to ask them what happened"

Don't know why a kid would respond like that, but if he wasn't BS'ing I hope we find out what the actual reasoning was.
I guess he can justify it however he wants so he can sleep at night...truth or otherwise

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'm just waiting for the Cal visit tweet and the resulting meltdown on CF. My popcorn is ready.

Meyer, Halsted and Trey Scott put Crystal Balls in for Cal.

There may be a few people that chime in again just to make sure everyone heard them the first time, but I think most of CF realizes what's going to happen already. Nobody should be surprised.

• Agree
Reactions: allfourcy

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I think the meltdown is over. Those events are obvious and inevitable to everyone at this point so I don't think they will get people that upset again.

Agree. I mean, McNeill hasn't even come out with a new list of visits or schools contacting him, has he? (like other decommits have, such as Stewart) The Cal thing seems like an obvious done deal (as predicted).

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
If the guy really wanted Cal and his old AAU coach... Then talk to Prohm.

Man-to-man.

Prohm seems like a guy who would level and deal with you on that.

Shame he couldn't even do that.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Man-to-man.

This is why I don't think McNeil will amount to jack s**t, and we won't end up regretting we didn't get him. He's a real softy that hides behind his mommy. Not quite Big 12 material.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I think he's going to be a nice player, frankly.

Agree. I mean, still attached to Mama's umbilical cord is one thing. But making a judgement about whether he can play quality ball in the college ranks because of it is absurd. He's going to be one hell of a player. Watch.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

Man-to-man.

Honestly, what difference does it make?
Prohm, and the fans, would be disappointed either way.

I think there's more to this story than us fans know. Which is the case for most every recruitment.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron