Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Well, so far I'm 100% right. :D

I think anyone who reads those numbers in order starts mentally singing them or reading them in rhythm. We were working with some numbers last night (getting new carriers for car & homeowners insurance), and one number started off "867" and I finished it off (incorrectly) with 5309. He was concentrating, so he was all "where the hell did you get that number? It's not on the sheet!" :(
Lew was wrong. Your answer was correct.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
@wxman1--no more spider sightings, although I did tell the teenager about it so now she is freaked out. We have some car time this weekend, maybe he will make an appearance.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
5:50, after making sure their parents, baby sister and dog are all awake the grandruffians decide to make sure Uncle Boxster is also awake. o_O

Of course their parental units have to drive to Montana yet today while these dudes will probably be napping in their car seats.

Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You guys got the nightcap though. Berrios is a freak.

Just getting home from a long but fun trip to Minnesota. Wednesday's ball game was rained out so there was a double header today. Minnesota won the second game but the Rockies won the first game where I had a seat by the Rockies dugout. To end the 7th inning Rockies outfielder Charlie Blackmon caught a fly ball and still had it when nearing the dugout. I stood up in my Rockies jersey and yelled CHARLIE and he threw me the ball and I caught it. I have a souvenir ball that was actually a part of the game from one of my favorite players. One of the coolest moments in my life!

Cool, but does your jersey say "RULZZZ" on the back? ;)

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Every time I post in thread I get hella notifications say " There may be more posts after this." is there a way to turn it off?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Every time I post in thread I get hella notifications say " There may be more posts after this." is there a way to turn it off?
Are you clicking the "watch thread" because if you do then you can get alerts whenever anyone replies to a watched thread.
Mouse over your avatar in the upper right hand corner and then select "Alert Preferences" You can change what alerts you get from there.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Well, Ed is gone. Poor guy went out like a champ. He had a great last day. It was so sad to see him leave. My GF had a rough time, for sure. Luckily the vet was very helpful and consoling during the whole process. I've never witnessed an animal being put to sleep before. It was a surreal process and I don't wish it on anyone. Especially for a loved one. Human or animal. Ed was a great dog 95% of the time. It's too bad that 5% of the time determined his fate. I'm glad it was a painless process for him. We loved him so much.

My GF was out of it for the next few hours. I'm glad she was able to get it together enough to pack for our trip to Beaver's Bend. I think it has really helped her to take her mind off of what has happened, even though she still obviously has it fresh in her mind.

We've got a really nice cabin that we're sharing with our friend and had a fun night at a local bar and grill. Got to sample some calf fries (mountain oysters) and an amazing burger! Karaoke was a lot of fun. It rained a bit with storms passing through but we were able to stoke a decent campfire.

Everyone else is sound asleep finally and I'm just sitting here by the fire with my dog, Lizzie, in my lap enjoying life.

Cheers to you all and your family and closest friends. Enjoy every moment with them that you can! :)
SHO'NUFF!!!

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Are you talking about the message that comes up while you are typing a post?

If so, that is just letting you know that someone else posted something prior to you hitting POST REPLY. It enables you to look at what else was posted in case you want to edit or delete whatever you were typing.

As far as turning that feature off, I have no help for you.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I just killed a black widow spider in our garage two days ago.
I was doing yard work for my mom in Virginia. Digging through the dirt putting in some lawn edging. There were all sorts of little baby black widows in the gravel.

• Dislike
Reactions: cyrevkah

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Are you talking about the message that comes up while you are typing a post?

If so, that is just letting you know that someone else posted something prior to you hitting POST REPLY. It enables you to look at what else was posted in case you want to edit or delete whatever you were typing.

As far as turning that feature off, I have no help for you.
I guess I've never really noticed that. Or paid attention. Probably more the latter than the former

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
@wxman1--no more spider sightings, although I did tell the teenager about it so now she is freaked out. We have some car time this weekend, maybe he will make an appearance.
Pulled a clean t-shirt out of the laundry last weekend & threw it on, noticed a black spot out of the corner of my eye as the shirt was going over my head. Checked in the mirror & there was a big-ass wood spider on the shirt down by my hip.
Talk about doing the funky monkey...!!!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Pulled a clean t-shirt out of the laundry last weekend & threw it on, noticed a black spot out of the corner of my eye as the shirt was going over my head. Checked in the mirror & there was a big-ass wood spider on the shirt down by my hip.
JungleBookOrangutanDance20fLG.gif

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
On a Monday to Friday plane?

Status
Not open for further replies.