Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Hey @CycloneRulzzz I hope you're having fun and all, but I'm really tired of your Rockies right about now.

You guys got the nightcap though. Berrios is a freak.

Just getting home from a long but fun trip to Minnesota. Wednesday's ball game was rained out so there was a double header today. Minnesota won the second game but the Rockies won the first game where I had a seat by the Rockies dugout. To end the 7th inning Rockies outfielder Charlie Blackmon caught a fly ball and still had it when nearing the dugout. I stood up in my Rockies jersey and yelled CHARLIE and he threw me the ball and I caught it. I have a souvenir ball that was actually a part of the game from one of my favorite players. One of the coolest moments in my life!

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Well, Ed is gone. Poor guy went out like a champ. He had a great last day. It was so sad to see him leave. My GF had a rough time, for sure. Luckily the vet was very helpful and consoling during the whole process. I've never witnessed an animal being put to sleep before. It was a surreal process and I don't wish it on anyone. Especially for a loved one. Human or animal. Ed was a great dog 95% of the time. It's too bad that 5% of the time determined his fate. I'm glad it was a painless process for him. We loved him so much.

My GF was out of it for the next few hours. I'm glad she was able to get it together enough to pack for our trip to Beaver's Bend. I think it has really helped her to take her mind off of what has happened, even though she still obviously has it fresh in her mind.

We've got a really nice cabin that we're sharing with our friend and had a fun night at a local bar and grill. Got to sample some calf fries (mountain oysters) and an amazing burger! Karaoke was a lot of fun. It rained a bit with storms passing through but we were able to stoke a decent campfire.

Everyone else is sound asleep finally and I'm just sitting here by the fire with my dog, Lizzie, in my lap enjoying life.

Cheers to you all and your family and closest friends. Enjoy every moment with them that you can! :)

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Sister's class is going to Six Flags today for their senior trip. They're not allowed to bring any food or drink with them because they don't want anyone sneaking alcohol. So everyone gets punished for something only a few kids might do.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Well, Ed is gone. Poor guy went out like a champ. He had a great last day. It was so sad to see him leave. My GF had a rough time, for sure. Luckily the vet was very helpful and consoling during the whole process. I've never witnessed an animal being put to sleep before. It was a surreal process and I don't wish it on anyone. Especially for a loved one. Human or animal. Ed was a great dog 95% of the time. It's too bad that 5% of the time determined his fate. I'm glad it was a painless process for him. We loved him so much.

My GF was out of it for the next few hours. I'm glad she was able to get it together enough to pack for our trip to Beaver's Bend. I think it has really helped her to take her mind off of what has happened, even though she still obviously has it fresh in her mind.

We've got a really nice cabin that we're sharing with our friend and had a fun night at a local bar and grill. Got to sample some calf fries (mountain oysters) and an amazing burger! Karaoke was a lot of fun. It rained a bit with storms passing through but we were able to stoke a decent campfire.

Everyone else is sound asleep finally and I'm just sitting here by the fire with my dog, Lizzie, in my lap enjoying life.

Cheers to you all and your family and closest friends. Enjoy every moment with them that you can! :)
I'm glad to hear you got through it and were able to blow of some steam tonight. Sounds like your little getaway got off to a good start and came at the right time.

Reactions: cstrunk

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Sister's class is going to Six Flags today for their senior trip. They're not allowed to bring any food or drink with them because they don't want anyone sneaking alcohol. So everyone gets punished for something only a few kids might do.
What in the world is going on here? Wisconsin better not go changing on us. If @cowgirl836 was within 3500 miles of this, she wouldn't let this happen.

Reactions: cowgirl836

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
No, it really isn't.

And it's VERY disappointing when it's on network TV and edited beyond belief...except of course for this unforgettable bit of dubbing:

I think those guys that do "Bad Lip Reading" on YouTube could have come up with something better than that.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Rulzz--sounds like an awesome moment from the game! Very cool. The Rockies are my BIL & SIL's team, so I always see them posting about them. They live in Denver and have been getting to a lot of home games. My SIL bought this glittery purple cowboy and is going to bling it out even more--she wears it to the games.

Cstrunk--hoping you have a good getaway, you and your girlfriend have had a tough week.

Baking for a third graduation reception today. This one is my nephew's so I am working for free. ;) He is coming to Iowa State so he is doing red and yellow (cardinal and gold) at his reception instead of their school colors. What a crappy weekend though.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Wxs random thoughts brain dump

Everything went fine yesterday and there is no apparent problem. Apparently the spina bifida test was slightly high. The threshold was 2.2 and she was at 2.4. They recommended another ultrasound at 28 weeks to double check everything is developing as normal so we will see at that point I guess.

The U of I Hospital is something you are thankful to have especially close by but damn I hate that place. Parking is a pain, the place is a freaking maze and there is so much there that they don't bother with signs. If you follow the directions you can get where you are going good. Then we get to where we are supposed to be and there are apparently two different groups that share one area...but there are no signs on which registration desk to use so we guessed and were wrong. Not that big of a deal but WTF nonetheless.

I think there have been threads on this but...We put up a fence when we moved in and one neighbor has not used a trimmer along the fence (actually not even sure he owns one). After a year and a half I am sure you can imagine the growth of grass along that fence. So the debate is it mine or his responsibility? Every other neighbor trims their side.

@GTO or @cstrunk if you have a Texas tollway transponder you can now use it on the Kansas Turnpike.

Oh @Cybirdy I am guessing you haven't seen the spider again?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
We replaced our roof three weeks ago. We had siding and gutters repaired 2 weeks ago.
We got quarter sized/ping pong ball sized hail along with wind gusts around 60 mph last night. :mad:

There's no apparent damage to house, but there are branches of all sizes scattered everywhere. There are also several shingles in my yard (not mine thankfully). My neighbor's tree had a branch that was a foot in diameter and roughly 15 feet long snap and it's currently residing in my back yard. Another branch snapped, got wedged between a couple other branches and is currently suspended about 18 feet in the air over my fence. I've got work to do tonight.

• Optimistic
Reactions: wxman1

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Yes. I sang it as I read it.

Also, this will be my ear worm for the day and there are way worse ones than this.

Well, so far I'm 100% right. :D

I think anyone who reads those numbers in order starts mentally singing them or reading them in rhythm. We were working with some numbers last night (getting new carriers for car & homeowners insurance), and one number started off "867" and I finished it off (incorrectly) with 5309. He was concentrating, so he was all "where the hell did you get that number? It's not on the sheet!" :(

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and jcyclonee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron