HBO's Silicon Valley

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Hmm havent wrapped my brain around where they can go from the Finale beyond putting their eggs into the video stuff. Any ideas out there in where they'll go?

Is there another season? This episode seemed to be a weak attempt at total closure in case it doesn't get picked up for another season. And afterward there were no previews of a next episode.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Is there another season? This episode seemed to be a weak attempt at total closure in case it doesn't get picked up for another season. And afterward there were no previews of a next episode.

It has been picked up for another season.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
A funny thing happens when you google for Erlich Bachman

attachment.php

Attachments

• silicon valley.png
    silicon valley.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 190
Reactions: TXCyclones

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Gonna have to watch the whole season in a row the next rainy Sunday. I thought the episode was good, loved JinYang, and am looking forward to next season.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Anyone see this started back up last night?

Gavin and Jack are flying back from China after a business meeting, and Jack insists on flying to Jackson Hole instead of the Bay Area first so he can see his family. Gavin has the pilot fly back to China and then back to the Bay Area, and discovers the flight is 25 minutes shorter, proving Jack is wasting Hooli's money by flying to Jackson Hole. So Gavin has the pilot do each route 5 additional times to get an average flight time in order to solidify that position.

Where do they come up with these things? Oh wait - they probably actually do these things.

Reactions: srjclone and bos

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Anyone see this started back up last night?

Gavin and Jack are flying back from China after a business meeting, and Jack insists on flying to Jackson Hole instead of the Bay Area first so he can see his family. Gavin has the pilot fly back to China and then back to the Bay Area, and discovers the flight is 25 minutes shorter, proving Jack is wasting Hooli's money by flying to Jackson Hole. So Gavin has the pilot do each route 5 additional times to get an average flight time in order to solidify that position.

Where do they come up with these things? Oh wait - they probably actually do these things.
Agreed! My favorite part about that show sometimes is the so-called "rich people problems". there was a scene las year with Jack and Gavin, where they are both flying to the same place, at the same time, and they see each other on the runway and have a long conversation elluding to the fact that they should just in the end fly together to save money. But instead Jack turns around at the last second and goes jack, We should play a game together, "chess perhaps?" and Gavin agree, and says he'll "send him a game request" when they reach cruising altitude. I was dying, but also had the feeling that stuff like that is not too far off of what really happens with those billionaires.

• Funny
Reactions: CloneFan4

SprintCyclone75

Jan 30, 2017
I like the show, laughed my ass off at the security guard flying back and forth. The is kind of the "nerd" version of Entourage with all the missteps by Richard. Love it anyway

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I haven't seen season 3 yet, but DVR'd it during HBO's free preview last week, including episode one of season 4. Can't wait to get caught up this week!

Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
While TJ Miller is a favorite of mine and Erlich is a great character, Dinesh has consistently slayed me the last few seasons. I'm looking forward to next episode, since it seems heavy on him.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
While TJ Miller is a favorite of mine and Erlich is a great character, Dinesh has consistently slayed me the last few seasons. I'm looking forward to next episode, since it seems heavy on him.

Curious as to why you're a dinesh fan. Im not sure why but i cant stand him. Love Erlich and Russ Hanneman is a total douche but in an entertaining way.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Curious as to why you're a dinesh fan. Im not sure why but i cant stand him. Love Erlich and Russ Hanneman is a total douche but in an entertaining way.

I think all of the main characters are amazing. Actually I've loved nearly every character on this show. Bighead and Jin Yang are two I've always wished to see more of.

• Agree

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thank you CF. Thread bump reminded this was back...just watched episode one of the new season. :)

Oh, and the **** bomb dropping Russ Hanneman's over the top gay sex metaphor monologue to Richard was hilarious.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

I also love Russ's character. I think season 2 has been the best so far simply because of him. Season 3 moved to be more serious to advance the storyline and the show lost something.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie and CloneFan4

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I was very excited to see Russ back. I imagine we'll see more of him. He's just SUCH a turd.

I can't really explain the Dinesh thing. He's very dry in his sense of humor when he means to be funny, and they do a good job of having him often be the straight man. I love Gilfoyle (have loved Martin Starr since Freaks & Geeks), but he's the expected punchline. Dinesh is more under the radar.

I really don't like Richard very much.

Reactions: CloneFan4