Simeon Carter gone

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Well, as others have written, the only surprising about this to me is that it didn't happen sooner.

Best of luck to you Simeon. Thanks for being a 'Clone.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone11

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Man, it was hard enough to have the Monte, Naz, Burton and Thomas era end, and now this?

Joking aside, seems like a good kid and I definitely wish him good luck.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Thanks for the fun times, SC! Good luck!

Wants:

Juiston
Grad transfer guard (scorer or pg)
Best available
Best available

If one more opens at the end of the bench, bank it

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone11

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
I find it always hard to say goodbye to players. Guys like Stu and Carter who don't get minutes still a big part of the Cyclone family. Best of luck Simeon.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I wonder if South Dakota State is a viable option. Certainly seems like it could be a good fit for him talent wise, and he and TJ already know each other.

Jacobson at UNI should call him. A year of getting stronger and skill development, and he would give them something they don't have, an athletic post presence

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Jacobson at UNI should call him. A year of getting stronger and skill development, and he would give them something they don't have, an athletic post presence

And as a dual ISU/UNI fan (got my bachelor's from there), I would certainly encourage that route.

And it could happen; although it was a down season in Cedar Falls, Jordan Ashton had a good season as a graduate transfer coming from ISU, and can tell Simeon all about the program, and vice versa.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I wonder if South Dakota State is a viable option. Certainly seems like it could be a good fit for him talent wise, and he and TJ already know each other.
I was thinking this as well. Disagree with UNI but I guess I haven't seen enough of him to to make a judgement. Oakland U had a little run with our players, wonder if that continues or if it was strictly based on geography connections.