Jacob Park

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'd like to see more of Park. He looked pretty good for his first time out there, and had three nice completions called back for penalties and at least one drop that wasn't on him. If he can make strides from here, he looks like he has the potential to be the better passer.

If that is the case, if we're not going to commit to running the ball, Park could be the guy.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
He looked good in is first outing. Just like Lanning did, Richardson did, Roach did, and so on and so on and so on. Anyone see a pattern here.

He does throw a nice ball.
He looked good in is first outing. Just like Lanning did, Richardson did, Roach did, and so on and so on and so on. Anyone see a pattern here.

I think a big difference is just how bad Lanning has been though.

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: awd4cy and 83cy

Me State

Oct 19, 2007

He hasn't been ruined by Rhoads like all the others listed. That gives me hope for him and is why I think Lanning may be too far gone.

• Dislike
Reactions: 83cy

danderson84

Nov 25, 2013
Omaha
Tell that to Texas. They've had a mediocre QB the last two years and surrounded him with 4 and 5 star athletes. And they sucked. Hell - we beat them 24-0!!!!!

They bring in a true freshman that has the skills - and they knock off top 10 Notre Dame week one.

QB is far and away the most important position on the field. It can't guarantee a high level of success, but it sure as hell can put a ceiling on it.

That was all offensive line opening that up. Texas put up 240 yards rushing. Passing gets pretty easy when defense can't stop the run. 5 passes added up to 200 passing yards. Hammer the ball on the ground for some yards gives some good opportunities for vertical passing game, even with an average quarterback.

vortex

Jan 30, 2010
If we're going to talk about Jacob Park can we take a minute and discuss what the **** is going on with this haircut? It looks like a guy with curly hair is standing directly behind him.

Park_Jacob16.jpg
He sat down and said "give me the Larry Fine".

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
I thought Park had a good field awareness and his progressions looked a lot quicker than Lanning.

But I think it comes down to which guy takes the offense as a leader. We need a leader, a field General that chews a receivers/linemans ass for a penalty and is respected for it.

That is what a young and undisciplined team needs. A leader on the field to make a more cohesive unit.

One of them needs to take the reigns and pull hard.

• Agree
Reactions: norcalcy

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
They both suck = Park had the 1's at WR and could not score a TD against the backups.Team is a dogpile and no getting around it. This season is toast at 0-2 - can see maybe 2 chances to win and that is suspect.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Park's numbers were not very good, but there were a couple of drops. Overall I think he looked to have good arm strength and looked comfortable in the pocket. But he wasn't pressured nearly as much as Lanning and faced 2nd string defenders for the most part. I liked what I saw though. Is he the answer moving forward? I have no idea, but Lanning just flat out sucks. I have never seen a QB who is so bad at throwing those short out passes.
Jared Barnett

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031