Jacob Park

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
Well we may find out if you are right...That was the complaint at Georgia with Park..He looked great in practice but when the lights went on not as good..of course he was a true freshman so...and I'm talking about spring game etc..he never played in a real game.

I thought it was mostly because the OC and the scheme changed so it wasn't a good fit for his skill set

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I don't understand this comment ... if he has never played in a college game because he redshirted, how does anybody know this? Surely not basing it on the Spring Game alone?

Did you know him in high school or something like that?

Jacob Park was not here in the spring. Sounds like he was able to knock a bit of rust off at Northeast Oklahoma and participated in spring practice there. Supposedly, Park was pretty impressive there but was already committed to Iowa State. Word is that ISU got a steal and Park has 3 years of eligibility remaining. Supposedly Park has an elite arm and displays the It factor when it comes to QB's. I trust Campbell to play whomever he feels is best. Lanning starts against Iowa today. Hope he has a great game.

Reactions: djkent01

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I'm sure Park is good in his own right, but Lanning's arm is awesome. Don't know how anyone couldn't see that potential. His qb rating even with the two INT's was 162., Imagine if he limits the turn overs.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I would prefer seeing Park next week against TCU. I think their secondary is vulnerable and he has a better shot at scoring more than 3 points.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Park's numbers were not very good, but there were a couple of drops. Overall I think he looked to have good arm strength and looked comfortable in the pocket. But he wasn't pressured nearly as much as Lanning and faced 2nd string defenders for the most part. I liked what I saw though. Is he the answer moving forward? I have no idea, but Lanning just flat out sucks. I have never seen a QB who is so bad at throwing those short out passes.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I think it's clear that Campbell likes pocket passers. It one of the reason I think Lanning hasn't done well in this system. I say start Park now because he was one of the top pro system QBs in highschool.

If we aren't going to roll out let the better passer Park play.

Istate

Jul 15, 2008
I think it's clear that Park throws a better ball, but ISU will have zero run game with him in there. That might be our best chance to win, but he's not a threat to run. Glad I'm not coaching ISU the next week or so (minus the millions of dollars that is).

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
With what I saw, I thought he was better than Lanning. As someone said, he was against the 2nd stringers for Iowa, but I thought he had a better presence in the pocket. I also saw him pump fake once. That hasn't been done at ISU since Seneca, has it?

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

BloodyBuddy

Mar 13, 2012
I believe Park has more of what ISU needs in a QB. Quicker release and a strong arm and decent accuracy. Gets it out to his first read, or checks it down quickly. Lanning holds the ball too long, and looks to pull down and run too much. Love Joel's toughness, but just don't see success with him. Granted there are plenty of other problems with this team. But I would give Park the reps if I was coach. He looks more like a CJ Beathard type passer. He is raw still, but I think we know what Joel gives us at this point, and it's not the right fit. We need a guy that will get it out quickly to our receivers and playmakers. Will be interesting to see what direction CMC goes.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
For the rest of this journey, lets all walk in the park together
184099-850x540-walk-in-the-park.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: twojman

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Park has to be the guy going forward. This program hasnt had a QB with his talent since Seneca.