Premier League

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Did anyone watch Arsenal v MLS All Stars last night? I forgot to DVR it and wasn't sure if it was worth watching.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Arsenal isn't getting a striker, all the options are gone now (Higuain, Vardy, PEA, Icardi). Think Wenger thought Vardy was coming but he backed out. Getting Mahrez will be the attacker signing at RW. Still need a CB as Mertesacker is getting older and Chambers/Gabriel likely aren't ready yet.
Reported to be putting in a higher bid for Lacazette.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I always have felt Pogba is overrated. A very solid player still, but not worth the attention/money people believe he is worth. I will admit that I am not able to watch Pogba personally very much so I have a small sample size to evaluate from, but that is just my feeling after seeing him "enough".

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I always have felt Pogba is overrated. A very solid player still, but not worth the attention/money people believe he is worth. I will admit that I am not able to watch Pogba personally very much so I have a small sample size to evaluate from, but that is just my feeling after seeing him "enough".
In no way is he worth 120 million Euros, I don't think he was even worth the 100 million that got turned down in the previous offer.

He is young-ish, and has a fairly marketable name/brand though, so that's worth something I suppose.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Did anyone watch Arsenal v MLS All Stars last night? I forgot to DVR it and wasn't sure if it was worth watching.
I just saw some highlights. Hard to tell based on it being a friendly against subpar competition but Xhaka looks good, real good even.

Desiigner

Jul 6, 2016
Whatever you have to tell yourself.
Besides Xhaka who else has arsenal brought in? Man U has destroyed this transfer window bring in a young center back, a solid RM, ibra for free and one of the best young talents in soccer.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I just saw some highlights. Hard to tell based on it being a friendly against subpar competition but Xhaka looks good, real good even.

Xhaka is legit. Watching what he does makes me wish we would have done more to get Vardy. Xhaka is the new Xabi Alonso he needs a player like Vardy to ping balls to over the top from deep. Walcott and Giroud aren't going to cut it as we all know.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Agent confirms Mustafi agrees to personal terms with Arsenal. Sounds like they're expecting a deal to be done over the weekend.

Great signing and one that was desperately needed. Never cared for Per anyway so I'd be happy to see Mustafi take his spot for good.

Who starts at CB this weekend for Arsenal though. Kosc, Per, and Gabriel all out. I imagine it'll be Holding and Chambers but that just sounds awful.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Agent confirms Mustafi agrees to personal terms with Arsenal. Sounds like they're expecting a deal to be done over the weekend.

Great signing and one that was desperately needed. Never cared for Per anyway so I'd be happy to see Mustafi take his spot for good.

Who starts at CB this weekend for Arsenal though. Kosc, Per, and Gabriel all out. I imagine it'll be Holding and Chambers but that just sounds awful.
Could move Monreal over to CB to play with Chambers, believe they've been paired together at some point so that's helpful. It's not going to be a pretty back four, but for 1 week it'll do. Koscielny is back in training but I think it'd be a mistake to rush him back for this weekend. And hopefully this Mustafi deal is real and he'd be ready to go by the second game maybe.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Does NBC have any good streaming options for the EPL? This is my first season without cable.
Do you know someone who will let you borrow their cable/satellite login? Otherwise maybe go to reddit.com/r/soccer and find the match thread of the game you want, usually people will post streams that are available, some are dodgier than others of course.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Do you know someone who will let you borrow their cable/satellite login? Otherwise maybe go to reddit.com/r/soccer and find the match thread of the game you want, usually people will post streams that are available, some are dodgier than others of course.

Yeah, and we have a Roku. Is NBC any better at streaming the EPL than the Olympics?

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Yeah, and we have a Roku. Is NBC any better at streaming the EPL than the Olympics?
I haven't had any issues streaming the Olympics, but I don't have a Roku so maybe their Roku app isn't good? The phone app has been fine, and the website too.

• Informative
Reactions: Bigman38