Recruit Lists v2.0

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
My opinion is scout is 50 bucks a year. So a dollar a week. Just pay it.

Ha. What's going to happen if you say who the source was? C'mon now, I copy and paste stuff all the time from ESPN Insider. I along with many others don't believe anything until we physically see a source.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
My opinion is scout is 50 bucks a year. So a dollar a week. Just pay it.

It's weird to me that someone as interested in ISU MBB recruiting news as Nallen, wouldn't just fork over the $50.

It's by far the best value in recruiting info IMO.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Here ya go people. I guess I'm a rule breaker.

Any info on Adrio Bailey, Alex? 2016 wing who supposedly has a visit scheduled.

Quote from Alex Halsted "Heard he's not on Iowa State's board. So that was odd to see last week or so. Will let you know if I hear differently."

My hero.

tadsteinberger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2014
Ames
I have a question about the Scout subscription. Is it actually worth it? You guys keep saying it's 50 bucks like it's nothing, but that just seems like way more money than I would be willing to spend for information that will come out some other (free) way sooner or later.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I have a question about the Scout subscription. Is it actually worth it? You guys keep saying it's 50 bucks like it's nothing, but that just seems like way more money than I would be willing to spend for information that will come out some other (free) way sooner or later.

Then it won't be worth it to you, probably. It's $4.95/month which is right on the edge of worth it to me. I only have it during basketball season. The basketball recruiting information has been really good or I wouldn't still be there. I don't care about football recruiting in the least.

Rivals was always $9.99/month and I'd never pay that these days. Like you said, info. comes out somewhere...sometime for free.

CY2000

Aug 20, 2015
If you pay for it, its yours, you should be able do whatever you want with it. That's like buying a book and not letting your friend read it. I would share everything if I subscribed.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
If you pay for it, its yours, you should be able do whatever you want with it. That's like buying a book and not letting your friend read it. I would share everything if I subscribed.

And then wherever it is you subscribed would boot you. Seems pretty shortsighted on your part.

StratCY

Apr 22, 2011
Austin, TX

I agree on this to an extent, however books are different. Authors dont get paid by # of books sold, its all based on popularity of the author and whether or not the puplisher thinks its good enough to sell. There are deals where this is not the case, but not the majority of them.

Alex gets his income off of number of paid subscriptions. If you want the info now, just pay for it. Or else you can wait 2 or 3 weeks to get the info then.

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
It's less than a dollar a week. Or for the monthly, 4.95 a month. I live in New York. Here, a beer in a lot of cases costs more than five bucks at the bar. So yeah, it feels like an afterthought to throw someone a lil bit of cash to learn about stuff slightly faster than the general public.

Regarding rivals, it's paying ten bucks for a message board. I'm not paying ten bucks for a message board.

tadsteinberger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2014
Ames
It's less than a dollar a week. Or for the monthly, 4.95 a month. I live in New York. Here, a beer in a lot of cases costs more than five bucks at the bar. So yeah, it feels like an afterthought to throw someone a lil bit of cash to learn about stuff slightly faster than the general public.

Regarding rivals, it's paying ten bucks for a message board. I'm not paying ten bucks for a message board.

I guess I'm just thinking like the broke college student I am. 5 bucks a month is one more beer a month I can get on Mug Night right?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Do you sign an agreement when buying a book?

I don't understand how people don't get this. When people provide me a service I expect them to be compensated for it. Silly me. I actually tip my waitress even though I don't have to.

Last edited:

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006

"#5 – Absolutely no sharing of premium information from other message boards. We respect that those folks are trying to run a business. In no way do we want to interfere in that by leaking their premium information. "

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92733