Recruit Lists v2.0

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
To be honest, we may have already violated whatever terms there are for the premium Scout board. I'm not being a hard-***...I just don't feel great about divulging information that was gained through premium access. It was kind of accidental and any more divulgence wouldn't be.

It's a good source.

Editorial Note: Alex is kicking butt with recruiting information.

Kind of a shame Halsted had to go this route given his skill as a journalist. Not that sports writers make bank, but I would think running a pay site would be a stressful job. Halsted is 100x better than Peterson and would likely do a similar job at the Register (minus the BS Pollard story) that Hines does at the Ames Tribune.

In short, I'm endorsing Alex Halsted to take over for Randy Peterson ASAP.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Kind of a shame Halsted had to go this route given his skill as a journalist. Not that sports writers make bank, but I would think running a pay site would be a stressful job. Halsted is 100x better than Peterson and would likely do a similar job at the Register (minus the BS Pollard story) that Hines does at the Ames Tribune.

In short, I'm endorsing Alex Halsted to take over for Randy Peterson ASAP.

I would think you can make significantly more running a pay site, assuming it's successful, than you can at the Trib or Register. But I could be wrong.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Ok to summarize:
ISU does not seem to be interested in Bailey.
It's possible Bailey is interested in ISU
The Scout membership is a good value
Alex Halsted is doing a nice job

let's move on.

tadsteinberger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2014
Ames
Ok to summarize:

let's move on.

Hold on, I think we're really getting somewhere philosophically and ethically.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Then it won't be worth it to you, probably. It's $4.95/month which is right on the edge of worth it to me. I only have it during basketball season. The basketball recruiting information has been really good or I wouldn't still be there. I don't care about football recruiting in the least.

Rivals was always $9.99/month and I'd never pay that these days. Like you said, info. comes out somewhere...sometime for free.
I will say, if cyclonefanatic.com changed to $9.99 a month i would pay for it. This would be the only website i would pay for. With that said, who needs to pay 4.95 a month when we still find it out on here for free

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Ok to summarize:

let's move on.
Have fun on vacation.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
As the Recruit Lists v2.0 moto goes; "Came for some recruiting news, got some arguing". Carry on folks

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
If you pay for it, its yours, you should be able do whatever you want with it. That's like buying a book and not letting your friend read it. I would share everything if I subscribed.

This. If a person pays for it then it's theirs to do as they please.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Bailey retweeted the tweet stating that he was visiting. Who said it was misinformation?
My guess is either. A: he is throwing a couple names out to build up demand beyond the legit ones that maybe gave conditional offers. It happens.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
This. If a person pays for it then it's theirs to do as they please.

Are you seriously this dense? I hope all these idiots are young people and just haven't learned right from wrong yet.

It's against the rules where you purchased the information as well as on this board if you try to share it so you are advocating breaking the rules on 2 message boards. Cool stuff.

Last edited:

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
I have a question about the Scout subscription. Is it actually worth it? You guys keep saying it's 50 bucks like it's nothing, but that just seems like way more money than I would be willing to spend for information that will come out some other (free) way sooner or later.

I did the free membership trial fully intending to cancel but it is good. A lot of stuff you never see here and Alex works his butt off usually can say stuff behind the wall that chris cant. I have been for over a year and we'll worth it imo.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Are you seriously this dense? I hope all these idiots are young people and just haven't learned right from wrong yet.

It's against the rules where you purchased the information as well as on this board if you try to share it so you are advocating breaking the rules on 2 message boards. Cool stuff.
Hey I'm young and I know better. I don't think it is an age thing. :laugh::laugh:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
By providing zero information, Paul Clark completely avoids the potential problem of premium info leaking out from Rivals ;)

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
By providing zero information, Paul Clark completely avoids the potential problem of premium info leaking out from Rivals ;)

A genius business plan.

I left there years ago so I can't speak to the content but the anecdotal evidence is strong.