Friday OT #2 - Tattoos

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Don't have any and don't really want any. Also helps that I don't really like needles. I do laugh at the people who have what I think are terrible looking tattoos, or obviously got the tattoo when they were younger or fitter and now it looks terrible. I also really like it when people get tattoos in Japanese or Chinese bc they want to be cool and "deep" but the symbol actual means pineapple. Those people are idiots.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
What cracks me up is when people get tattoos to be "different". Everyone and their mother nowadays has at least one tattoo. People without tattoos (especially young people) are what is becoming "different".

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
I don't mind tattoos. I have 2. The only regret I have is who I had do the tattoos. It was supposed to be a joker and the queen of hearts and it looks like prince and Rosanne Barr. I've learned to embrace them. Good conversation piece.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Don't have one, never want one, don't care if others want them, fine.

Don't want to think about what they would look like as I age, seen some icky stuff. And after I worked hard for nine months to produce perfectly skinned children, hoping they never want one, so far, so good. I know one of them never will, when he was organizing a blood drive and trying to get donors, four of his friends used the just got a tat out. He is kind of a blood donation crusader after he needed some.

Reactions: mj4cy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I personally have no interest in them. I think some look cool on some people, but many people I've seen lately try to do too much and it looks tacky.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I don't mind tattoos. I have 2. The only regret I have is who I had do the tattoos. It was supposed to be a joker and the queen of hearts and it looks like prince and Rosanne Barr. I've learned to embrace them. Good conversation piece.

Prince and Rosanne? From their new collaboration album "Fat Annoying Rain".

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
If I am going to make a choice that I will regret for the rest of my life, I like to think it will be marriage.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I've never had one, never wanted one. At 59, odds are good I won't ever get one.

HOWEVER...I made a bet with another poster a while back. Someday, I may have a "bird in a blender" Cy somewhere that doesn't sag much (maybe the back of the shoulder). I promised to get one if ISU ever wins the Nat'l Championship in Football.

They'd better hurry up! ;)

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I have one, and desperately want it gone. It was impulsive and impetuous in my early 20s, and I cringe when I think about the fact that I'm going to be a 90-year-old with a saggy tattoo someday.

Overall, though, I think there are lots of good reasons to get them. Just not for me.

So it's a boob tat then, huh?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I have four. One on my upper left arm (a cross), one on my left chest/shoulder (a sea turtle), one on my right arm ("IMAGINE") and one on my right chest/shoulder ("HONOR BEFORE VICTORY"). I don't regret any of them. I think I'm done, though. I've gotten everything I've wanted to. Though I say that every time. I get almost like a four year itch. Got each one on or around my birthday. One at 18, next at 22, next at 27, next at 31.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I have four. One on my upper left arm (a cross), one on my left chest/shoulder (a sea turtle), one on my right arm ("IMAGINE") and one on my right chest/shoulder ("HONOR BEFORE VICTORY"). I don't regret any of them. I think I'm done, though. I've gotten everything I've wanted to. Though I say that every time. I get almost like a four year itch. Got each one on or around my birthday. One at 18, next at 22, next at 27, next at 31.

Hmmm... Every four years? Do your tattoos coincide with: presidential elections, World Cup, or Summer Olympics?

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa
I only have one; on my right calf I have the Walking Cy logo with the words "Loyal Sons, Forever True" scripted around it. I'd consider getting more in the future.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Are you the "I like turtles" kid?

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I'm 42 and currently have none, but I really want to get an old-school marching Cy tattoo.