Grandstaff Visiting in August

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
The good guys the good guys the good guys the good guys The good guys the good guys the good guys the good guys The good guys the good guys the good guys the good guys The good guys the good guys the good guys the good guys

Good guys. Butthurt. In before...Good guys. Butthurt. In before...Good guys. Butthurt. In before...Good guys. Butthurt. In before...Good guys. Butthurt. In before...Good guys. Butthurt. In before...Good guys. Butthurt. In before...Good guys. Butthurt. In before...Good guys. Butthurt. In before...Good guys. Butthurt. In before...Good guys. Butthurt. In before...Good guys. Butthurt. In before...Good guys. Butthurt. In before...Good guys. Butthurt. In before...

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
This, wouldn't blame anyone for finally seeing how bad of a coach Ford is and thinking they'd be better served somewhere else. Much luck to him wherever he ends up. No doubt in my mind that if Fred does pull him in that he could handle any baggage that came along with him.

For some reason though I thought there was talk of him really wanting to go to Duke wanting to hold out for a Duke offer before his out of the blue OSU signing. Wonder if coach K came calling now if he'd jump on that bandwagon.

I would guess that's highly unlikely as Duke already had the top rated recruiting class for next year. Doubt they have room for Grandstaff.

I'd guess the OSU implosion and seeing that Ford is only an average coach may be the primary reasons for him deciding to look elsewhere.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I would guess that's highly unlikely as Duke already had the top rated recruiting class for next year. Doubt they have room for Grandstaff.

I'd guess the OSU implosion and seeing that Ford is only an average coach may be the primary reasons for him deciding to look elsewhere.

He's a 2015 recruit, so Duke will have room.

McKinney

Feb 1, 2012
McKinney, TX
I'm guessing he will end up at SMU. Larry Brown is building something down there.

On a side note, they started serving alcohol in their stadium this year too. Good basketball, plus that atmosphere improved 100x...and now it has become a hot ticket.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
That seems fine to me. His dad referred to we at every chance in that posted article. He acted like Ford's OSU check had bounced. He is not a Rashad Vaughn type talent. Fred will find someone else.

He would be GREAT in Fred's system and wouldn't leave after one year. I'd take him in a NY minute. Fred and staff can worry about the parents...I won't.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
He would be GREAT in Fred's system and wouldn't leave after one year. I'd take him in a NY minute. Fred and staff can worry about the parents...I won't.
If this year is a good example there are alot of good players that can be great in Fred's system(Kane). I just don't think Fred has to bend backwards for this particular one, and I doubt he is. If he wants to come great. But it doesn't sound like it.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
He just tweeted he's committed to The Ohio State University. Lol

edit: ok, not "just" tweeted. I guess it was about an hour ago.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Not sure why this kid doesn't just sit back and weigh his options this next year. Has plenty of time and options. Would save him from breaking his commit like he did with Marquette.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Not sure why this kid doesn't just sit back and weigh his options this next year. Has plenty of time and options. Would save him from breaking his commit like he did with Marquette.

Do you mean Okie State?? I didn't know Grandstaff ever committed to Marquette, unless you are thinking of Noskwiak?

Status
Not open for further replies.